Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungpaoshizi View Post
    Eh, to each their own.

I did have the thought the other night though, is there even an engine additive product other than engine flush products that are marketed as cleaners? I know lucas has the oil stabilizer. I did find it funny that I found at Walmart mmo has had " a new improved formula"! lol
    I thought it was alright as-is. Makes me wonder if it was just a change of the label to remove 'MYSTERY OIL' across the front. Seems to be the biggest thing people make fun of. heh
    I stick to using quality lubricants and change them at their intended interval.

1. Letting engine oil sit past it's six-month change requirement risks using its additive pack beyond its intended lifespan. Unless this is checked using an engine oil analysis, its an unnecessary risk.
    2. Engine oil lubricants are proprietary formulations and each vendor has a different mix. Using additives is generally frowned upon. As long as the oil is changed according to instructions, additives are largely unnecessary, can cause other problems, and becomes an economic waste.

More reading here: BITOG | Motor Oil 101
    Search the BITOG forums for more detailed info and opinion.

Regards.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-30-2019 at 08:53 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)