Thread: Hello from Niagara Falls!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello from Niagara Falls!

First off, I haven't purchased a Mirage yet. I wanted to ask some questions. It's just a matter of time before I will have to make a car purchase, as my old 1998 Saturn has a leaky head gasket that I sealed with Stop Leak back in January. The "fix" worked perfectly and it hasn't leaked since, but I know I'm on borrowed time.

I was thinking of going for an environmentally friendly car. I'm reading that the Mirage's gas mileage is so good it's almost on a par with a regular non-plugin hybrid.

A friend of mine works with a guy who has a 2014 or 2015 Mirage. He says the motor is extremely noisy now while the car is being driven, but when the car was new, it sounded fine. Do the motors in these cars degrade over time to become really noisy, or is it something simply like he changed to a thicker oil or something?

Thanks for any advice. In Canada, the one I want is the 2017 Mirage CVT. I do mostly stop and go city driving and I've never been a standard transmission driver. With cash incentive the car is about $16,200CDN all in.
    Last edited by kevhaw; 11-01-2016 at 11:30 AM.