Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
Adrew sold his car in December, 2016 after owning it for 2.5 years. That means it was a 2014 model, and was purchased in mid-2014. The rebates back then were nowhere near as good as they are now, and he didn't get a 'bad deal' on his. When I bought mine in December 2014, the rebate was only $750! I paid $14,083 for it.

His car is also a top-of-the-line ES model, not the base model. The $10k price for the base model 5-speed cars happened last March when Mitsubishi was blowing out the over-produced 2015 models to make way for the new 2017 models, which were introduced in the spring of '15. That price isn't the norm. Base cars are typically seen at around $11-12k right now with factory rebates and dealer discounts. You can haggle your way into one for less, but not too much less.

A dealer near me has a 5-speed SE hatch for about $13k, and that is about as cheap as I have seen one.
The one I looked at would be a bit over 11 grand. Honestly, I just don't see this as a good value, even in SE Form.
Damn, 14k.. I know people buying new Yaris Hatches for under $15k pretty easily. Sure, no power windows and maybe a couple of things, but those cars go 400k miles all the time, and are a bit better on road as well as a few other things that would move me more that direction if I had that kind of budget.

Before I even looked at this SE, I saw a few Ads this past week for $11,999 (not even Dickering, Yet). Also there is a few $10,888 DE models available. Decent enough.

I would like to get that car, but I then looked up a 2 year old Prius C with only 19k miles in perfect shape advertised for 12k. Hard to dump 12 grand on a 3 cylinder car for me. As much as I would like to buy a new car and all. I am sure that Prius would go for a very long time and the city MPG is over 48 mpg, about the same for freeway.