Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Strange things happening - SOLVED (burned out tail light bulb caused odd problems)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Probably both originals.
    That doesn't make sense to me, that the original bulb would cause your malfunctions.

In any case, it's working now. Go figure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Found the other one. They are both Stanley brand, P21/5W bulbs. I wonder if Stanley is the OEM supplier, or if both have already been replaced? All I know, it's working right now. Hopefully it's not just an intermittent gremlin, that's going to rear it's ugly head again.

Very odd situation. Glad you got it sorted & please keep us updated if anything weird comes up again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Very odd situation. Glad you got it sorted & please keep us updated if anything weird comes up again.
    Seems I have the grinding starter, let's chew up the flex plate deal now. Hope I didn't screw up buying this one.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am hoping once you resolve this common issue on the earlier CVT models, your car should be trouble free for awhile.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Seems I have the grinding starter, let's chew up the flex plate deal now. Hope I didn't screw up buying this one.
    Once you get the bugs worked out you'll have a fine little car

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Found the other one. They are both Stanley brand, P21/5W bulbs. I wonder if Stanley is the OEM supplier, or if both have already been replaced? All I know, it's working right now. Hopefully it's not just an intermittent gremlin, that's going to rear it's ugly head again.
    I have stanley bulbs on the back of my car.On the front however they are osram bulbs Go figure.

Stanley bulbs are Japanese brand

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    There was a recall on that, IIRC, so Mitsubishi might handle it for you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    There was a recall on that, IIRC, so Mitsubishi might handle it for you.
    The car has a salvage title. They already told me only safety recalls are done for free. All else, I'm SOL. There is a "technical service bulletin(s)" on this issue. I'm certain that damaging the fender, and drivers door, totally messed up the starter. (Bit of humor there) Guess that comes with the roll of the dice, and a salvage title. Hoping they'll at least advise me on the best way to proceed, and maybe give me a copy of the latest tsb.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The car has a salvage title. They already told me only safety recalls are done for free. All else, I'm SOL. There is a "technical service bulletin(s)" on this issue. I'm certain that damaging the fender, and drivers door, totally messed up the starter. (Bit of humor there) Guess that comes with the roll of the dice, and a salvage title. Hoping they'll at least advise me on the best way to proceed, and maybe give me a copy of the latest tsb.
    There are cheap starters on Ebay. Don't let them sell you a new one if they tell you that is the problem. Problem was handled by '15, so maybe get a '15 starter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Mitsubi...tYfXNN&vxp=mtr

What is the build date on your car...is it an early '14? The interchange here shows this one will fit cars made 12/13 or later.