Page 146 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supesusuta View Post
    Oh man. Just ordered those scruff panels along with the center console "mod" off Ebay. They look pretty cool, thanks for the pic.
    No prob. Also please be the first one on here to mount a pair of truck nutz!Name:  R03fde96414511a22f9203337985bc6d8.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  35.1 KB

Country
    Czech Republic
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    No prob. Also please be the first one on here to mount a pair of truck nutz!
    Name:  butt%20car_crop.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  17.4 KB

I'll add a phat car booty too
    スペーススター

Supēsusutā

3. The Following User Says Thank You to supesusuta For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-11-2021)

I just ordered a set of these Attachment 20779along with a new winter tire to replace the one I destroyed earlier this winter. After $100 mail in rebate the kumho's will work out to about the same price as a cheap no name set of tires. https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/k...-4s-ha32/36613 I've never tried tires that look like this.

I'll probably throw the new tires on the white car with the original fancy aluminum wheels and swap the 175/65 winters onto the steel wheels, then put the crappy dunlops on the aluminum spray bombed wheels and run them on the black car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just ordered a set of these Attachment 20779along with a new winter tire to replace the one I destroyed earlier this winter. After $100 mail in rebate the kumho's will work out to about the same price as a cheap no name set of tires. https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/k...-4s-ha32/36613 I've never tried tires that look like this.

I'll probably throw the new tires on the white car with the original fancy aluminum wheels and swap the 175/65 winters onto the steel wheels, then put the crappy dunlops on the aluminum spray bombed wheels and run them on the black car.
    I don't really get this new trend for directional tires? You can't really rotate your tires without remounting/balancing them on the rims. You can move them from front to back, but surely can't switch sides when doing tire rotations.

Quote: "The primary disadvantage of directional tires is that they can only be rotated from front-to-back. Side to side rotation will require an extra charge of having the tires dismounted, flipped, and remounted." Oct 10, 2014

Any benefit of a directional tire just went out the window as far as I am concerned when you consider this.

My pair of Nokian Nordman 7 snow tires are directional. They are wearing well after 4 winters, but I am not overly impressed them as a directional snow tire. The tread pattern is too busy. They plug up with snow easily. They don't even leave a good tread pattern in the snow on my driveway. Whereas my traditional snow tires on my Forester leave a very distinct tread pattern. I realize that I am comparing two different size vehicles, but I have driven cars smaller than my Mirage before.

Yup, they aren't my first pick for the same reasons. I'd expect that kind of tread patter to be more prone to hydroplaning as well but I'm not a tire enginerd. Maybe they're not bad? Seems like a lot of winter tires are designed more for ice not snow.

Regardless, I'm cheap and selling the car anyways, I figured most normal people would prefer to buy a car that has new tires over one with 25% tread left. Except for a number of people on this forum(myself included to a point) who'd over analyze why a car with only 30,000 miles has new tires. Surely it has a bent trailing axle or was in an accident, or.......

For some, buying new tires can cost $650 installed. I figured spending $200 on tires should help make it go away a little easier. Might change the front brake pads too just for sharts, they're getting down to maybe 30-40% left.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-11-2021 at 05:30 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I'm one of the odd ducks who'd rather buy a used car with maypops on it, than new tires. Because I'm OCD about which exact tires I would want on my ride. Now, if the seller wanted to stick my preferred tires on there, I wouldn't stop them. But that's not likely to ever happen. The problem is, when someone gets ready to sell a car, they usually put the cheapest friggin crap tires on it they can find. I don't like cheapie tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yup, they aren't my first pick for the same reasons. I'd expect that kind of tread patter to be more prone to hydroplaning as well but I'm not a tire enginerd. Maybe they're not bad? Seems like a lot of winter tires are designed more for ice not snow.

Regardless, I'm cheap and selling the car anyways, I figured most normal people would prefer to buy a car that has new tires over one with 25% tread left. Except for a number of people on this forum(myself included to a point) who'd over analyze why a car with only 30,000 miles has new tires. Surely it has a bent trailing axle or was in an accident, or.......

For some, buying new tires can cost $650 installed. I figured spending $200 on tires should help make it go away a little easier. Might change the front brake pads too just for sharts, they're getting down to maybe 30-40% left.
    I totally understand that, & you did find a good deal on them. I wouldn't consider them a cheap tire brand either. Korean companies like Kumho have benefited from KIA/Hyundai's growth in the North American market.

If I would happen to see 165/65r14 Kumho Solus TA31 (60,000 mile warranty) tires on sale, I would pick up a pair for later use. I've already tried the Dunlop, Federal, Nokian, & Nexen tires. I may as well keep experimenting with tires.

Even one of my favorite Cooper snow tires (Weather-Master S/T2) has been replaced with a directional snow tire (Cooper Evolution Winter). As far as I am concerned, Cooper just replaced an excellent snow tire with an inferior one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Even one of my favorite Cooper snow tires (Weather-Master S/T2) has been replaced with a directional snow tire (Cooper Evolution Winter). As far as I am concerned, Cooper just replaced an excellent snow tire with an inferior one.
    I second that statement. Weather-Master S/T2's were a BEAST of a snow tire. I had a set on a Jeep Grand Cherokee I used to own that also had Quadra Drive (front & rear diff lockers). If you got stuck with that setup you were definitely someplace you weren't supposed to be. 1 foot of snow? Did it snow lol? Best set of snow tires I've ever owned hands down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-12-2021),Mark (03-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I totally understand that, & you did find a good deal on them. I wouldn't consider them a cheap tire brand either. Korean companies like Kumho have benefited from KIA/Hyundai's growth in the North American market.

If I would happen to see 165/65r14 Kumho Solus TA31 (60,000 mile warranty) tires on sale, I would pick up a pair for later use. I've already tried the Dunlop, Federal, Nokian, & Nexen tires. I may as well keep experimenting with tires.

Oddly enough I was gonna buy those TA31's but found those 4 season directionals were cheaper with the rebate. We ran those same cooper tires forever on old Mazda trucks, I think there is a sonic or 2 that have them for winters as well. They look a lot like the the bfg winter slaloms I had on my 86' cutlass supreme(rwd) and the old blizzaks my parents had on their 90 taurus about 23 years ago.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Interestingly enough Hercules Tires (unit of Cooper tires) has a pretty aggressive non directional snow available in 175/65r14.

Attached Images Attached Images

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-12-2021)