Page 141 of 272 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Actually I think it's probably 0W-20.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (02-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Actually I think it's probably 0W-20.
    Search for 0W-16 (Walmart for example), & you will find Mobil 1, Castrol, Pennzoil, & others. It's the new thinner oil trend for some of the newer cars. Toyota 0W-16 oil comes up on the Walmart site, but other automotive companies are following suit.

I've used the recommended 0W-20 for the first couple years. My 2011 Subaru Forester uses the same. Last summer, I switched to using 5W-30 for the summer months, & I am using 0W-20 for the winter months. It's been below 0F most days here recently. I'm sure my Mirage appreciates the thinner oil.

I am not recommending anyone use anything other than 0W-20, but other countries suggest different oil viscosities for the Mirage. I feel better using a slightly higher number during the summer months, but that's just me.

I also like changing my oil/filter every 5,000 miles, & I switched over to using SuperTech full synthetic this past year, too. Project Farms oil comparison tests confirms that change for me. He uses SuperTech & Amazon Basics (probably same oil in a different jug from Warren Oil Company) for his own vehicles.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (02-18-2021),MirageRally (02-11-2021)

Mirage so fast

Yesterday I drove mine faster than I ever have! On the highway. It might have hit 110 km/h at one point (68 mph).

I also filled it up for the first time in 2 months. 52 mpg / 4.6 L/100 km for Mid-Dec to mid-Feb. I'm OK with that in winter conditions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dern Metro! Is it easy for you to keep the speed down? What I mean is, are your road conditions such that driving slow is either warranted or not a problem?

I say that because, while I don't agree that I have to do 80 mph on the interstates to keep from getting run over, in the Atlanta Metro area, it is NOT EASY to drive slow. Everybody is in a great big hurry. And it is VERY EASY to run 80 mph on every interstate in the area and not get a second glance from LEO's.

The last time I buzzed by Dirk's area on my way north to my dad's house, I held the blueberry on 65 mph cruise everywhere, the whole way. I'm in no hurry, and I don't like paying for gas. I pay for LOTS of gas ... but I still don't like it. So I prefer to take advantage of the mpg of the blueberry. At 65 mph on the interstates, in Atlanta there are enough lanes I'm not an issue. I just stay right, out of the way. But in town, when leaving a traffic light, Ford SuperDuky's overloaded and pulling trailers, are trying to give me an enema while pulling away from traffic lights every time I shift. I find that more than a bit annoying. I don't see why they don't take their time but they must want their foot planted to the floor every possible chance. Point is ... around here, it is not easy to go slow on surface streets.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

life in the slow lane

It's pretty easy for me to putter along (and do LOTS of coasting instead of braking - Loren will know what I'm talking about) where I do the majority of my driving.

I live in a very small city that's like an island in a larger rural region, so most of my driving happens on essentially deserted rural back roads (max 80 km/h = 50 mph P.S.L.). Generally I can drive at whatever speed I want, which is one reason my fuel log has such high numbers.

The one major freeway through here has a 100 km/h = 62 mph limit, and the trucks are governor limited to 105 km/h. So it's no problem to join the flow in the right lane if you're not in a hurry. I'd say left lane traffic generally goes 110-115 km/h (68-71 mph) on average.

Local city driving also tends to be pretty relaxed as well - the demographics skew toward the blue hair set. So, traffic is generally laid back & fairly courteous. And that's not just anecdotal -- the city has appeared multiple times at/near the top of a list of "safest place to drive" (in Ontario), according to a big insurance company.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

I had a 2017 rad fan motor let the smoke out yesterday. Fan blade was "stuck", rock or something. Figured I'd change it now with one from my parts stash. Pulled the bumper, upper tie bar, upper rad hoses and out it comes. I got it all back together and just realized the plug doesn't fit the fan motor....I didn't bother comparing them, I don't even know what year I just installed? 15 probably.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe you can sort of hard wire it, and not have to pull it back out...

Too late. That woulda been the quick and easy way to go. I got the fan back out without pulling the entire bumper, just pull on it until it comes.

Don't do what Donny don't does.

2015 fans have 4 prong connectors 2017 have 2. I just found a busted fan in the back of a 2017 that hit a deer years ago. That should work just fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I guess I'll stop being a hypocrite and finally take the white car in to try and get a warranty engine rather than complain about it and do nothing. If I get nothing I'll sell it as is or source used engine and flog it.

I'm taking it to one of the dealers across town rather than the one minutes from my work.

Black car still moves, getting a little jerky and surgey once in a while though but it's still good.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Just finished changing the Engine Oil of my Mirage G4 and replaced also the exhaust seal ring.

Oil Used:

Ardeca 5w40 Fully Synthetic