Page 62 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    I went to Mitsubishi dealership to get a recall, Oil changed, brought Hankook tires I got from BJ'S with me for them to install, wheel balance and alignment. My left rear tire sensor was bad so replaced that, and they said my front rotors was thin and needed to be replaced. I said I will do that on another day. I plan on going to a salvage yard 45mins from me to pick up Alloy rims from a mirage $75 a piece later next week.
    Hey newagetomboy - good to hear from you, it's been a while.

I question paying $75 each for used rims - less expensive options can be found. There are many choices available for the Mirage. Here's some threads for you to consider:

Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)
    Craigslist finds

Also consider Raybestos Element3 for your brake job. Other forum members have reported good results, the rotors are coated to better protect against corrosion, and the cost is not much more than the economy options:
    RAYBESTOS 981067FZN {#4615A105} Element3; Coated Rotor; $14.81
    RAYBESTOS EHT1731H {#4605B005, 4605B006} Element3; Hybrid Technology; Front Brake Pads; $13.50

Last edited by Eggman; 04-11-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Added Raybestos Element3 info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

newagetomboy (04-11-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I added some luxury $40 each seat covers. For universal fit, not bad! Im not sitting on my pad anymore either!Name:  20200411_092919.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  88.8 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-11-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Watch out for your seat airbags malfunctionng now

Maybe the seat covers take airbags into account. I would be bead style instead.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Watch out for your seat airbags malfunctionng now

Maybe the seat covers take airbags into account. I would be bead style instead.
    I don't see how those seat covers could be a problem, because it looks like they don't even wrap around the sides of the seats like most aftermarket seat covers.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't see how those seat covers could be a problem, because it looks like they don't even wrap around the sides of the seats like most aftermarket seat covers.
    Just something to consider with aftermarket seat covers. Sounds dorky but I read the owners manual for my Mirage front to back, and they make mention of this. Lots of Airbags in this car. You don't want to make things worse in event of a collision lol. Kinda obvious but easliy overlooked.

Too bad too because my 2014 Mirage's driver's seat has been a dinner table and chair too many times and has stains to prove it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Just something to consider with aftermarket seat covers. Sounds dorky but I read the owners manual for my Mirage front to back, and they make mention of this. Lots of Airbags in this car. You don't want to make things worse in event of a collision lol. Kinda obvious but easliy overlooked.

Too bad too because my 2014 Mirage's driver's seat has been a dinner table and chair too many times and has stains to prove it.
    I was just saying that style seat covers Dirk added would't be a problem, because they are not covering the sides of seat where the air bags would be.

I have custom front seat covers that accommodate for the seat air bags. You are correct. It's not something to overlook in today's cars.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I was just saying that style seat covers Dirk added would't be a problem, because they are not covering the sides of seat where the air bags would be.

I have custom front seat covers that accommodate for the seat air bags. You are correct. It's not something to overlook in today's cars.
    Correct, these are just pads with no overlaping fabric besides the head rests. There is just 2 hooks at the bottom and a couple of push thrus. They come with a front pocket flap between the knees that folds down too. Which makes it a little harder to grab my seat shift bar, but it works.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks

Post a pic and link for your seat covers Mark. I bet they fit great.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I added some luxury $40 each seat covers. For universal fit, not bad! Im not sitting on my pad anymore either!Name:  20200411_092919.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  88.8 KB
    Jeez I need to wipe down the side of my Amazon center console lol. On top is an attached elbow buddy and if you can look closely I got custom Mitsu seat belt pads, ghetto style. If its good enough for a Fast n Furious ricer than its good enough for me lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    That's wild. At first glance I thought those were full-coverage seat covers, not just the contact areas. Looks real good.

So Dirk, what do you think about them after some use?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-11-2020)