Page 209 of 272 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (06-02-2022),CROSSBOLT (06-02-2022),inuvik (06-02-2022),MetroMPG (06-02-2022),precisionxt (06-03-2022),Top_Fuel (06-02-2022),vintzend (06-02-2022)

Woo! Congrats!

Time to trade it for a Hyundai?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Woo! Congrats!

A Hyundai? Nowadays, I think the trade-in value on this car would be barely enough to fill the gas tank of a Hyundai.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I was in South Korea this one particular time, when I worked for Hyundai-Kia. I was in the "Hyundai-Hotel." Could never get the A/C below about 79°F. It just wasn't set up to go lower, I guess Asian people have better radiators than Americans. I had to sleep totally uncovered it was so warm. Anywho...

One night I ran by the only thing that was in English on TV. The movie, Fast-N-Furious, Tokyo Drift. I watched it because the first thing I noticed was the T&A. It's not horrible, but was the only thing on the TV I could understand. There was a line in the movie, and when he said it, I exploded with laughter such that I'm sure many of the rooms around me heard me laughing hysterically. The line was, as close as I can remember, "Why are you giving me this car?" Referring to this hot drift car, I think it was a wide-body 3rd Gen RX-7 (which I had the same car at that time). And the guy's reply was, "You represent me now, I can't let you be seen rolling in a Hyundai..."

And I blew up laughing, and was thinking "he was so RIGHT!". As I was already out of love with Hyundai, and their ridiculous antics, and total lack of engineering discipline.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

How do you really feel about Hyundai?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I was in South Korea this one particular time, when I worked for Hyundai-Kia. I was in the "Hyundai-Hotel." Could never get the A/C below about 79°F. It just wasn't set up to go lower, I guess Asian people have better radiators than Americans. I had to sleep totally uncovered it was so warm. Anywho...

One night I ran by the only thing that was in English on TV. The movie, Fast-N-Furious, Tokyo Drift. I watched it because the first thing I noticed was the T&A. It's not horrible, but was the only thing on the TV I could understand. There was a line in the movie, and when he said it, I exploded with laughter such that I'm sure many of the rooms around me heard me laughing hysterically. The line was, as close as I can remember, "Why are you giving me this car?" Referring to this hot drift car, I think it was a wide-body 3rd Gen RX-7 (which I had the same car at that time). And the guy's reply was, "You represent me now, I can't let you be seen rolling in a Hyundai..."

And I blew up laughing, and was thinking "he was so RIGHT!". As I was already out of love with Hyundai, and their ridiculous antics, and total lack of engineering discipline.
    Amen.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got my best mileage out of a tank yet since owning the car for just over 6 months. 5.4/100 kms!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

The same movie that featured an Evo drift car. Because an AWD rally car is the ideal platform for drifting.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Yeah ... right. Maybe it was that Evo that the guy was given. Been a long time. Maybe 2009.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    A Hyundai? Nowadays, I think the trade-in value on this car would be barely enough to fill the gas tank of a Hyundai.
    I don't about trade values these days. '17 was valued @$9700+ and my '14 was IIRC ~$5000 at good condition. It was the kelly blue book site.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)