Page 207 of 272 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Monday afternoon I went to my local Pick-and-Pull to get a rear bumper cover for my Acura MDX. I noticed this MDX had the factory trailer towing package, which is something I wanted to add to mine. Not having the tools on hand to pull it off, I returned Tuesday morning to get the trailer hitch and noticed this 2018 ES had just been put out in the yard directly behind the car I was pulling parts off of.

I grabbed the radio, the fender marker lights, three hubcaps, the spare tire cover for a friend's Mirage, and a few other things. The radio was only $10, so I figured I'd give it a try in my Mirage. It is superior in every way to what originally came in my '15 ES, but the one thing I do miss is the voice-activated calling.

I will probably go back again this coming Monday to get a few other little things.

You should get those rear springs and shocks for your '15 and see if it really makes the difference we have assumed it would.

Also agree with Fummins, I would grab those rear tails, and then I personally would grab the side skirts. I wish we had yards like this in Kentucky. Ours are all snake pits.

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Good ideas, guys! I really should see if I can salvage both the rear and front suspension components. I'd imagine there would be a huge difference in ride quality and perhaps even handling between '18 parts with 40k or so miles and '15 parts with 200k miles. However, the last two wrecked later model Mirages I tried to get suspension parts off of were both hit so hard in the front that everything was bent.

This one has been hit hard in the front too, but I guess I can check it out. Not sure I want to do any tail light swapping given how sensitive these cars are to changes to their electrical systems.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Day 2 of mirage ownership and i got it washed, waxed and up on my Quickjacks. Undercoated as much as I could with Amsoil heavy duty metal protector. New product for me and I'm really liking the finish. Very messy application though.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jibles For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-06-2022),Fummins (05-06-2022),inuvik (05-06-2022),vintzend (05-11-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  279821058_10159982078927394_8251984610567517607_n.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  98.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-09-2022)

It’s not a Mirage but this’ll make Mirage owners feel good. I’ve got someone’s 2011 Cruze in the garage cause a shop told them it had blow by and basically needs a new engine. I wasn’t sure why, I took a look underneath and wow! Attachment 23309 there’s oil leaking out of the intercooler connections, in the throttle body. Oil leaks from the valve cover, and front crank seal. After some googling I found out this is a pretty common problem with some of these little turbo engines…

After finding a good thread on some Cruze forum I was able to do a couple easy checks and came to the conclusion that this thing need a brand new intake manifold sounds dumb but we’ll see. Apparently there’s a check valve inside the intake that magically comes loose then gets eaten by the engine… the missing valve then causes excess crankcase pressure to push oil out every seal and gasket. Dorman makes an “updated” intake. But only for 2012 and newer cause the 2011’s have two map sensors(one is a barometric pressure sensor). Some reviews on Amazon claim they made it work by zip tying the one sensor out of harms way. The owner is all for that option cause they’re selling it anyways. It’ll be cheaper to buy the dorman intake than buy the one from Gm. Hopefully the oil puking will slow down enough that I won’t be asked to do any more work to this thing. It’s pretty greasy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-09-2022)

I took my brake rotors off & subjected them to the wire wheel hurricane machine to get the winter rust off them. I just don't drive this thing enough (or brake hard enough) to keep the braking surface scrubbed clean by the pads.

I still haven't fixed my rusted & busted rear plate light bracket.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It’s not a Mirage but this’ll make Mirage owners feel good.
    You know, someone made a joke yesterday that the threads here go off-topic because we've got nothing else to talk about. Lots of car forums are FULL of owners talking about how to fix their broken cars.

Tim and I have also hosted AveoForum.com forever, and 99% of the posts there are about broken cars. Though admittedly that's an extreme comparison, because... Aveo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    You should get those rear springs and shocks for your '15 and see if it really makes the difference we have assumed it would.
    The '17+ suspension is noticeably less cartoonish than the '14/'15.

But it's still no Honda Fit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Basic (05-11-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You know, someone made a joke yesterday that the threads here go off-topic because we've got nothing else to talk about. Lots of car forums are FULL of owners talking about how to fix their broken cars.

Tim and I have also hosted AveoForum.com forever, and 99% of the posts there are about broken cars. Though admittedly that's an extreme comparison, because... Aveo.
    Dae...WOOOO!!!!!!

As you well know, all forum activity has to be taken with a grain of salt... in reference to Fummins post, the 1.4T is both universally loved and hated by the same community

That is one of the many reasons I love this forum... and these cars... there is relatively LITTLE to ***** about!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Dae...WOOOO!!!!!!

As you well know, all forum activity has to be taken with a grain of salt... in reference to Fummins post, the 1.4T is both universally loved and hated by the same community

That is one of the many reasons I love this forum... and these cars... there is relatively LITTLE to ***** about!
    Yeah, I've seen people on the Cruze forum claiming to get 48mpg from the 1.4T. This car I'm working on has 290k km but has great compression. It is an absolute slug though, especially compared to our sonics with the 1.8L n/a engine that have more miles on them. Maybe it's a turd cause it's sucking in so much oil? I fell into a case of beer and haven't gotten it put back together yet. Tonight....

Back on topics.
    In the last week I had 3-4 Mirages all with the same complaint, on the same day..The key won't come out of the ignition unless they wiggle the shifter. 5 min fix, remove console, move shifter to d or b, bend tab on micro switch at front of shifter.
    And there's been a lot of torn cv boots.
    There's one car that was in an accident months ago and parked while waiting for insurance to deal with it. Driver was put in a different car for the time being. Then recently got their original car back. Then they instantly complained about the bluetooth. They said it always acted up in the original car but thought they were all like that until they drove a different one. They say this car doesn't read music via bluetooth and messes up their phone. First I heard. I might try removing all devices from the bluetooth thinger on that car? Or try to switch the module itself next to the temp controls.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)