Page 176 of 272 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I just deleted it...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Mark (09-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    klroger,
    . . . . It didn't bother me. So it shouldn't bother you or anyone else. As far as I am concerned we are still friends!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    2019 G4 Wine colored. 'Burgundy'
    130K miles, 37MPG average at 75-80 MPH with A/C and Lights
    I am on the second engine and trans! 4.5 months out of 18 in the shop!
    Not so happy any more!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanic For This Useful Post:

Mark (09-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    . . . . I found this. What do you guys think??
    . . . . https://www.carid.com/duraflex/d1-st...vehicle=125520
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That doesn't look functional Rich? You'd need to cut out between the slats to get airflow i think. I made something like that with a piece of aluminum and a hand brake.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Looks ok painted. But it seems too big for the hood pictured. Would probably be even bigger looking on a Mirage hood. Just my thoughts. Also, I think I would prefer a scoop that would keep the rain out of the engine bay when parked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bill, 7,
    . . . . It looks like it isn't functional and it is on the large side! I also found this. I was thinking about maybe two on them.
    . . . . https://www.carid.com/pilot/mini-hoo...n-cz-4008.html
    . . . . Any thoughts?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    At first I thought the bottom edge looked curved ... down into the hood, which would tend to make it want to rock. But I think it has sort of a lateral swell, but is flat or flattish on the bottom. So yeah, I think that one is better. And you could keep the hood opening away from the scoop opening, toward the leading edge (the hood opening toward the front bumper end of that scoop), which would also tend to prevent rain from working it's way into the engine bay.

Not that I think a little water is going to cause problems. Maybe it could, maybe it won't, dunno. But personally I'd rather just keep the rain out. So yeah, paint that one and maybe use duals like you're thinking, and you may have a weiner right there!

It would be interesting to put a temp sensor just under the hood opening to be able to see the temp of the air working it's way out. And right after you get it assembled, maybe put some lightweight streamers about 6" in length attached at the hood opening. The streamers would indicate airflow direction ... and be very interesting.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    . . . . I am thinking that two of these would fill the bill! The hot rodder that I found at the local Ford dealer should be able to do a great job. I discovered that my hood has been shot gunned by a lot of rocks. I don't know when this happened. Oh, well! Repaint time!
    . . . . You can't keep water out of the engine compartment. It comes through the grill, the condenser, and the radiator. If I face the intakes towards the windshield the water intake would be minimal. At least that is my way of thinking.
    . . . . I have discovered that our US Mirages have a MAP and MAF sensor. The MAF is mounted in the air cleaner assembly. The MAP is mounted on the intake manifold just behind the throttle body. The IAT sensor is part of the MAF assembly. Right now it is cool here so that I can't tell how much difference the second fan makes. I am making my first trip to Houston next weekend.
    . . . . The strips could be an interesting experiment! A thought!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    At first I thought the bottom edge looked curved ... down into the hood, which would tend to make it want to rock. But I think it has sort of a lateral swell, but is flat or flattish on the bottom. So yeah, I think that one is better. And you could keep the hood opening away from the scoop opening, toward the leading edge (the hood opening toward the front bumper end of that scoop), which would also tend to prevent rain from working it's way into the engine bay.

Not that I think a little water is going to cause problems. Maybe it could, maybe it won't, dunno. But personally I'd rather just keep the rain out. So yeah, paint that one and maybe use duals like you're thinking, and you may have a weiner right there!

It would be interesting to put a temp sensor just under the hood opening to be able to see the temp of the air working it's way out. And right after you get it assembled, maybe put some lightweight streamers about 6" in length attached at the hood opening. The streamers would indicate airflow direction ... and be very interesting.

7milesout
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are you thinking about mounting it with the opening facing the windshield? I don't think facing forward to push more air into the engine bay will do much. Getting the warm pulled out by the laminar flow over the hood should help cool things and relieving that pressure could help mpg a little.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bill,
    . . . . That is exactly what I am thinking of doing and concur with your thoughts. At a stop or going slowly the hot air should flow out of the scoops on their own. As the speed increases more air will be pushed and pulled out of the engine compartment! It should help lower the under hood temperatures by a large amount! At least in my opinion!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Not so happy any more!