I bought a Mirage at a great price, but without A/C. I did not want any of the features I'd have to buy to get A/C, so it saved me about $5000, maybe $6000 (I managed to get mine brand new for $8995 with extra fees other than taxes. Models with A/C in Canada go for $13,998 before fees).

I want air conditioning, though. So, obviously, I have some budget to work with to figure out how to get it.

I believe I have two choices:

- Buy a universal A/C kit, like the $500 ones on eBay that are meant for vintage cars. I see no reason at all that this wouldn't work. But I think other than it being easy and guaranteed to work, it isn't the best option because the evaporator will take up space, and I would have no choice for fresh air, nor could it run in the winter to defog the windshield. But at least I won't melt in the summer.

- Find a wrecked Mirage that has A/C and pull the compressor, condenser, evaporator, drier/expansion valve, and all tubing, plus the fan and whatever mounting gear is required, and probably a body computer (would rather use ETACS to program mine if possible) and probably even a new set of controls.

I prefer the transplant method even though pulling off the dash will be a hell of a job.

Is it even possible? Do you think I'd find the wiring there? Or is this something where I'd even have to replace wiring harnesses along with the BCM? Because now we're getting a bit more serious than I want to go. Or do you think I can program ETACS and just connect stuff up? I'm handy with a soldering iron and I have no qualms about soldering wires to the control module if they're not run already.

What do you think I should do? I'm not scared of the work, I just don't want to waste money doing the almost impossible (anything is possible with enough time and money, but some stuff isn't worth the effort).