Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Anybody know if it's at least "smart" AC? EG. releases the AC compressor clutch when you push the accelerator past a certain point to free up more hamsterpower to get to the wheels?
    Im doubtful, i believe someone asked this about our alternators as well and the answer was no...

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

I have a 2018 model with the "MGN" multimedia system (at least that's what it's called over here), which has the TomTom navigation system built-in (made in Holland..., at least TomTom is a Dutch company).

I was a bit disappointed that they dumbed down the TomTom version: it does not provide real-time traffic information.

All my low-budget navigation boxes I ever had, had that feature. My dealer had to call Mitsubishi Netherlands to confirm this, they didn't know about this limitation either. From what I understand, more expensive Mitsubishi cars got a better TomTom version.

I also remember that it took my dealer a really long time to update the MGN software. It kept crashing on them, until a third attempt suddenly succeeded. Yikes!

Quite curious to the new SDA (Pioneer isn't it?) multimedia system that will be included in my new Space Star. Hope I'll get used to not having built-in navigation (will have to resort to Android Auto)...

Oh and don't get me started on the car's "speakers". For me, a hi-fi enthusiast, I don't want to even think about them.
    Last edited by vintzend; 03-10-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post
    I have a 2018 model with the "MGN" multimedia system (at least that's what it's called over here), which has the TomTom navigation system built-in (made in Holland..., at least TomTom is a Dutch company).

I was a bit disappointed that they dumbed down the TomTom version: it does not provide real-time traffic information.

All my low-budget navigation boxes I ever had, had that feature. My dealer had to call Mitsubishi Netherlands to confirm this, they didn't know about this limitation either. From what I understand, more expensive Mitsubishi cars got a better TomTom version.

I also remember that it took my dealer a really long time to update the MGN software. It kept crashing on them, until a third attempt suddenly succeeded. Yikes!

Quite curious to the new SDA (Pioneer isn't it?) multimedia system that will be included in my new Space Star. Hope I'll get used to not having built-in navigation (will have to resort to Android Auto)...

Oh and don't get me started on the car's "speakers". For me, a hi-fi enthusiast, I don't want to even think about them.
    Yes it's a 7" Pioneer touchscreen and mine has been nothing but a pain in the ass since I got my 2021 Mirage unfortunately. Not receiving texts like I'm supposed to and the power cuts out on the screen occasionally.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vintzend View Post

I just drove 652 miles today from Clarksville, Tennessee to home (SW Wisconsin). I used Google Maps on my phone for most of the trip. It worked perfectly these past few days. Google Maps adjusts to everything as you go. If there is an accident, it will automatically reroute you. Speed limits come up and what speed you are traveling are also posted. I can't imagine anything being better, and it's always current. Even speed trap areas come up!

I used my 2011 Forester for this trip. It has a plain radio, no Bluetooth, or anything else extra. I just listened to the commands from the phone speakers. There was no need for anything extra when it comes to using all this.

You could drive a 20 year old car without a radio & still get most anywhere you want with the navigation on your smartphone. Why pay extra for that? Maybe apps like Google Maps or MapQuest aren't offered in Europe?

I can enter everything in my phone (don't have to be in my car) before leaving. It's so simple & easy!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 1,049 Posts
    Annoyance: I adjust my outside mirrors frequently, especially the right one. I aim it down to see curbs as I like to back in right up against a curb on the right. At night, I have some difficulty finding the button to adjust the mirror because it is NOT illuminated. But the switch right next to the mirror adjust IS illuminated. The illuminated button is the Traction Control button.

I would tend to think the mirror button will be used 1000X more than the Traction Control button. It would be better to illuminate the mirror button instead of the traction control button. Annoying.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Annoyance: I adjust my outside mirrors frequently, especially the right one. I aim it down to see curbs as I like to back in right up against a curb on the right. At night, I have some difficulty finding the button to adjust the mirror because it is NOT illuminated. But the switch right next to the mirror adjust IS illuminated. The illuminated button is the Traction Control button.

I would tend to think the mirror button will be used 1000X more than the Traction Control button. It would be better to illuminate the mirror button instead of the traction control button. Annoying.
    I don't adjust the mirrors on my car much but when I do I find the same thing. The mirror switch has no feel to it. It's kinda dumb.

I adjust the mirrors in my truck fairly often as I don't like to drive around with the dumbo tow mirrors flipped up pulling a ghost trailer like most Dodge owners seem to do because it's cool? The switch is right there ahead of the window switch and can be adjusted without staring at it, the switch for your style dodge is even simpler having a joystick similar to an old cable style mirror iirc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Ive only used the mirror adjustment switch once. the day the car was purchased. The poverty edition chevy spark had manual mirrors, im surprised mitsubishi didnt offer manual mirrors. In a bmw the mirrors tilt downward with the press of a button or by shifting into reverse to allow you to see the curb. Instead of asking for an illuminated switch why not just ask for something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtTCe0ehU0
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 1,049 Posts
    I've had that auto drop down feature on my Lexus for the past hundred years. The point was, why illuminate a switch that is far less needed right next to one that is more needed. I think it is obvious the mirror button will be used more than the Traction Control Button. Even if you turn off the Traction Control, this car wouldn't spin a tire on oil-slicked ice, so I can't see much use for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-13-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    this car wouldn't spin a tire on oil-slicked ice, so I can't see much use for it.
    ive seen the traction control system activate many times. maybe you live somewhere that doesnt have freezing rain, snow, ice or you accelerate really slowly? heck just accelerating "hard" over some wet streetcar tracks set off the traction control system for me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    ive seen the traction control system activate many times. maybe you live somewhere that doesnt have freezing rain, snow, ice or you accelerate really slowly? heck just accelerating "hard" over some wet streetcar tracks set off the traction control system for me.
    My traction control activates quite often, too. I don't even get out of my driveway some days before it activates.

Apparently, there's not much snow in Atlanta to activate it?