Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What car did your Mirage replace? Trade-in, sold, or none of the above?

What happened to the Miata? Did you keep it as a playtoy or sell?

I picked up a ratty $750 '90 Miata last year ... needs work, but couldn't resist. Fun cars. I probably won't put more than a thousand miles a year on it when it's roadworthy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    What happened to the Miata? Did you keep it as a playtoy or sell?

I picked up a ratty $750 '90 Miata last year ... needs work, but couldn't resist. Fun cars. I probably won't put more than a thousand miles a year on it when it's roadworthy.
    The Miata was sold as we needed the space in the garage. We had a huge snow year and it likely would have been crushed if left outside. I actually owned three different Miata's over 12 years...so it was time to move on.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Dott 2017 ES CVT replaced totaled 2014 Mazda CX-5 due to another drivers actions.
    Dolores '17 Manual ES replaced 2012 Suzuki SX-4 CVT.

CX-5 always 24-25 mpg was a good vehicle during ownership.
    SX4 was trouble free but was hit during it's ownership due to someone not paying attention no airbag deployment but $6000 of repairs it looked great but after the work creaks and rattles galore.

Luckily I was interested in the Mirage already for the warranty, low cost of ownership, and mpg.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My '17 G4 replaced a 2000 Buick LeSabre, got $ 1200 trade. The Buick had low miles, but was getting unreliable. Facing some repairs and another anxious trip worrying it would break down, I got my Mirage. Going from a bigger car with a big V6 to the I3 was a bit of a change!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My 2015 Mirage replaced a 2007 Nissan Versa sedan that was nearing 400k km.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wasversa For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (05-29-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  20170531_175700.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  97.7 KB
    My 2006 Malibu maxx lt.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I feel the same way about my trade.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My mirage replaced... this:

It was a 1995 Grand Cherokee. It had a 5.2 liter V8, full-time 4x4. It was an absolute beast. 300 ft-lb torque, and all wheel drive meant that when you hit the gas, you were immediately and violently slammed forward. It would smoke a WRX for the first 100 feet. But the fuel mileage was pretty bad, around 18 mpg highway. And I was driving it to work 30+ miles away. I kept the old Jeep for a while after buying the Mirage, because the mirage wasn't the best choice for towing/hauling a motorcycle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    My mirage replaced... this:

It was a 1995 Grand Cherokee. It had a 5.2 liter V8, full-time 4x4. It was an absolute beast. 300 ft-lb torque, and all wheel drive meant that when you hit the gas, you were immediately and violently slammed forward. It would smoke a WRX for the first 100 feet. But the fuel mileage was pretty bad, around 18 mpg highway. And I was driving it to work 30+ miles away. I kept the old Jeep for a while after buying the Mirage, because the mirage wasn't the best choice for towing/hauling a motorcycle.
    I had a old 95 mustang gt vert and knew someone with the Cherokee like that with the 5.9 with the vent slits in the hood and that thing hung with me to about 70mph.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I had a old 95 mustang gt vert and knew someone with the Cherokee like that with the 5.9 with the vent slits in the hood and that thing hung with me to about 70mph.
    I bet it did! My 5.2 was madness, I can only imagine the 5.9 which had, I think, another 30 horsepower.