Thread: Canada: 2014 Mirage Preview - Sensible subcompact thrives on 3 cylinders (wheels.ca)

Canada: 2014 Mirage Preview - Sensible subcompact thrives on 3 cylinders (wheels.ca)

The claim to fame of the Toronto Star's weekly "Wheels" section is that it's the most widely read automotive publication in the country. Interestingly, they assigned their "green motoring" writer, Peter Gorrie, to the Mirage introduction... and he offers another predominantly positive review from up north.

Also notable - Gorrie describes the target market of the car:
    - In Canada 3/4 of subcompact buyers are older people who are downsizing
    - average age of 54
    - almost 60 per cent female
    - the remaining buyers are first time buyers in their 30's, 2/3rds female

Also noteworthy: Gorrie is one of the only reviewers I've read who describes the car's ride as "firm".

Pros...

- fuel economy
    - comfortable front seats
    - powerful enough for city use; adequate on the highway
    - "sure-footed and easy to drive"
    - spacious interior, even in the back

Cons...

- noisy
    - ride would make long trips uncomfortable

Overall...

Powered by its “little engine that could,” the Mirage, like sensible shoes, will get you where you want without fuss, and with more satisfaction than excitement.
    Read the complete review: http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/preview...ubishi-mirage/

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    this guys talks about comfortable seats in front where others say that they are not that good.

I laughed when I read that too.

Just goes to show you, you have to take these reviews with a grain of salt. We've posted over 100 review summaries of the Mirage/Space star now, and you can find examples of reviewers contradicting each other on literally every aspect of the car!

Thread: Why you should take car reviews with a giant grain of salt

The moral of the story: don't base your decision on reviews. Go drive one yourself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    These reviewers must be comparing Maybach seats to the Mirage. The Mirage's seats are way better than any subcompact I've been in, better than even some compacts. The seats feel much better than they look. The Honda Jazz (Fit) rear seats the worst; they are hard as rocks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Seat comfort/driving position has to be one of the more subjective things a reviewer can write about.

Everybody's different. Even people of identical build/weight often have drastically different seat adjustment preferences.

Might as well argue about what colour is best. (Green. Then white. )

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    a canada dealer with the first models ?

Yeah - that's a Calgary, Alberta dealership that has posted a fair number of videos.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    i like the steering wheel cruise control and audio....
    shame we dont get it over here in the EU ;-(

gives the car als a more UPscale feeling i think more premium
    when you look at that dash and steering wheel it could as wel be a outlander it does not show small "cheap" car.

I like the heated seats.

I wonder if it will be possible to retrofit the cruise control to the European models. If it's a drive-by-wire throttle, it may only need controls and wiring.

Do you know if it's drive by wire?