Page 22 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, they had a added cost on mine two . For shipping from Thailand

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Every car has shipping. You can buy a chevy from a dealer in Detroit right across the street from where the car is made, and you are still going to have standard shipping rates. Its all done through contact. That way people in Cali dont have higher shipping cost then people who live in Detroit. Keeps it fair to everyone
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like your post! I was going to say the same thing. But dealers make between 1& 5,000 for each car they sell.because like the mirage I have, if the dealership can lower the price down to just under 10,000 and the total for the car is 15,000 there's 1 to 5,000 they can play with. Because after getting mine I realized I could of bought a ES not the color I whanted but was less then what I paid for mine. And to say the dealer don't make very much on a car is wrong or they couldn't afford even to be in business .
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just sold a 77K yukon new and the dealer made 700 dollars, before filling the tank, cleaning it, and paying me. When we sell Chevy sparks we make 120 dollars. I assure you no dealer makes 5000 on mirages. The difference between invoice and msrp on a mirage is like 300 dollars. If they sell it full price they make 300 dollars. No one pays full price.

i sell cars for living, and have been doing this for 8 years. Dealers dont make money on new cars, they make money on used cars and financing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I dont mean mean to attack you, but there is no way in hell dealers have 5000 dollars to play with on any car, let alone 12,995 mirages. You honestly think a dealer buys a new Mirage for 8000 and sells it for 12,995? Invoice on a base mirage is 12712. That means the dealer pays 12712 for the mirage. I dont mean to be mean, but thank you for the laugh

My old automotive instructor told me the dealer service department keeps the lights on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for your attack! And smart kind words! You miss understood my post. I've been around the block before.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh sorry, I deal with people coming in wanting huge amounts of money off cars that isnt there to play, and after reading this forum I guess i snapped. Sorry about that.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Doc fees have nothing to do with MSRP. I dont know what people expect from dealerships. Customers come in and demand they buy cars under invoice. Invoice is what they paid for the car, most dealers doc fees cover fuel, clean up, and paying the salesman. I assure you, even with a doc fee, the dealers are not making a lot of money on Mirages. Doc fee is set by the dealer, not the manufacture. So dont ever expect to see a doc fee on the msrp. I dont know how Canada works, but shipping is generally in the msrp, but can be taken off for advertising purposes. Just like you dont see them advertise tax, title, and plate.
    although i expressed my dislike of DOC fees, i never at any point claimed that they were part of MSRP. the window sticker above was to show that Ford includes shipping and PDI in their MSRP. there was nothing to do with doc fees. i do appreciate your honesty in saying that they don't even go towards paperwork at all.
    ...most dealers doc fees cover fuel, clean up, and paying the salesman...
    ^^ it can be tough to get salesmen to admit this. ^^

as i wrote before, DOC fees are a mark-up. as a customer who has bought several new cars over the years, if a dealer won't waive the fee for me (which they usually do) then that "fee" is coming off what i pay one way or another, or i walk. this is one of the reasons that i don't currently own a mirage.

good news though: there is a new mitsu dealer in my city that doesn't charge DOC fees (or any other bogus fees) and their cars' asking prices are the same as all of the other dealers who do charge them. amazing! i wonder how they manage to pay for fuel, clean up, and paying the salesman? i expect that before long i'll finally make a deal and i can assure you that it won't be from any of the other dealerships.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Dealers dont make money on new cars, they make money on used cars and financing

the amount of profit made on a new car varies on make, model, options, and demand.

the entry level models have a low profit margin but higher trims of higher end in-demand models can make a tidy profit. BMW is a good example of this. still you're right, servicing is the big money maker. for example, they wanted $900 to replace my front rotors and calipers. lol.

have you ever wondered if the dealerships lie to their salesmen about the profit levels on cars in order to keep your commissions lower? is there any third party way of verifying the profit per vehicle numbers supplied by NADA?

any comments on holdbacks?