Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The artificially high MSRP certainly won't help gain ground on the Spark.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Making a big deal about March 2021 sales being so much better than 2020 sales is a bit silly. The country was shutting down about that time in 2020. I'm pretty sure every auto brand can came claim better sales in 2021 compared to this time period in 2020.

Maybe Mitsubishi feels consumers are just stupid & will be impressed by their increased 2021 sales?
    I'm not sure most consumers give a rip about overall sales. Just us car geeks.

FWIW, you can see 2021 sales on goodcarbadcar.com. Dodge, Fiat, and Infiniti, and Mitsubishi were the only automakers to report negative sales, and of these were worse than Mitsubishi. Fiat is barely selling anything. They sold 815 cars in three months. People think Mitsubishi is on deathwatch? I wonder what the plans are for that brand!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (04-09-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow, that's brutal.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    The artificially high MSRP certainly won't help gain ground on the Spark.
    Higher MSRP prices & fewer discounts may help keep used prices up on Mirages.

For example - Carvana wants $11,590 for a 2017 ES manual with 53,902 miles.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7949/overview/

That's about $2,300 more than what I paid for a 2017 ES manual brand new 4 years ago. Yet some like to complain about how much these cars depreciate.

I realize Carvana may deliver the car to your home for that price, but my Mirage was also delivered to my home (4-hours from the dealership) for way less money.

Keep in mind - a forum member recently bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for $10,400 OTD, & it was also delivered from Minnesota to North Carolina.

Does a high MSRP justify Carvana's used car pricing?

High MSRP didn't protect the Mirage's used pricing in Canada!

The Nissan Micra seems to be holding its value much better, despite the sub-$10k MSRP on the base trim. (I'm not as familiar with Spark pricing.)

Anecdote: I also watch for cheap used Micras, and they don't come up nearly as often as cheap Mirages, despite selling in far greater numbers. I'd say 1/5 the number of cheap Micras pop up, despite selling around 3 times more vs. Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

I noticed lots of things are priced high right now. I got a decent dollar for my white car and it sold pretty quick.
    I sold one of my rzr's last spring and got $2000 more than I originally expected, I just priced it similarly to what the other crazies were asking and it worked out good. I think I might do the same for the one I still have sitting in the backyard since asking prices seem to have only gone up since then.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    High MSRP didn't protect the Mirage's used pricing in Canada!

The Nissan Micra seems to be holding its value much better, despite the sub-$10k MSRP on the base trim. (I'm not as familiar with Spark pricing.)

Anecdote: I also watch for cheap used Micras, and they don't come up nearly as often as cheap Mirages, despite selling in far greater numbers. I'd say 1/5 the number of cheap Micras pop up, despite selling around 3 times more vs. Mirage.
    Someone buying a slightly used Mirage has to consider what will a new one cost you? If I can buy a new one for $11,000 OTD, a low mileage used Mirage is not so appealing.

A Micra doesn't offer the same discussion/comparison.

Sounds like Canadians see the Micra as a quality car with few features, & the Mirage as a cheap car loaded with more features maybe?

Micra's mpg rating wouldn't interest me. If I am driving a small car, I want 40+ mpg pretty much all the time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Someone buying a slightly used Mirage has to consider what will a new one cost you? If I can buy a new one for $11,000 OTD, a low mileage used Mirage is not so appealing.

I always figured the higher prices on used Mirages in my area were due to these cars being picked up cheap as trade-ins or at auction then being sold at over Blue Book to people who are 'credit challenged'.

There are very few Mirages for sale on my local CL, but the ones that are listed are mostly being sold by buy-here-pay-here pot lots for more than you would think they book for.

This one has a clean title, manual trans, and 62,000 miles.

Dealer buys a 2015 Mirage DE at auction for $2500. Sells on their lot for $6995 to somebody with 550 credit. If the buyer actually pays the car off then the dealer makes $4500. If they don't the dealer repossesses it and starts the process all over again.

The Mirage is just that kind of car...a 'Bad Credit Special'.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    There must be something special about overpriced, used Blue 2015 Mirages. Check out this bargain...

Name:  carvanna.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  29.0 KB

I've noticed the same thing about used Mirages showing up on buy-here-pay-here lots.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

WOoo! Spend more for a lightly used 2015 than a new 2021!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)