Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Any 1st Quarter sales guesses?

Name:  3yr-ch.gaschart.gif
Views: 360
Size:  24.4 KB

Mirage Q1 sales numbers come out next week. Any guesses on which way they go?

Theory A:

With gas prices approaching 2 - 3 year highs in the U.S., I wonder if we'll see a bump in sales.

Will crossover/SUV-crazed buyers just shift their sights to more efficient options within that segment, or will they think outside the box and consider the most efficient gas car on the market?

Or, counter-argument...

Theory B:

Will sales remain unusually low because the people most likely to buy a Mirage are in the segment of the population that lost the most jobs in the pandemic recession? The economy is already bouncing back, but maybe not soon enough to affect sales this quarter.

---

Personally, I think it's too soon to see a shift in sales due to rising gas prices. Typically prices peak in late spring/early summer, so if there will be any effect, maybe we'll see it in Q2 or 3.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (04-04-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    There isn’t a lot of Mirage inventory at most dealers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Only the new "Nissan Outlander" can save Mitsubishi in NA. All the Mitsu dealers in Atlanta have very small inventories right now. I'm guessing its the microchip business?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (04-04-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My local Mitsubishi dealer sent me a promotional deal in the snail mail the other day. I admit their ad was cleverly done. Maybe they really need sales if they want me to buy a car there.. since I apparently cost them over $3,500 in warranty repairs on my 2014 Mirage.

And I still get promo e-mails from Mitsubishi all the time, mostly about their latest CUVs. Anyways, at the dealer I think I can get $1,500 off any Mitsubishi, but there are probably avenues in which the dealer gets the upper hand. Like limiting your new car selection only to the "deluxe" trims they have on their lot. Loopholes and stipulations to sucker in the customer.

They always overload car lots with high end trim levels, to lure in the customer into buying more than they need, even with Mirages and the same thing applies with any new car really.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    My local Mitsubishi dealer sent me a promotional deal in the snail mail the other day. I admit their ad was cleverly done. Maybe they really need sales if they want me to buy a car there.. since I apparently cost them over $3,500 in warranty repairs on my 2014 Mirage.

And I still get promo e-mails from Mitsubishi all the time, mostly about their latest CUVs. Anyways, at the dealer I think I can get $1,500 off any Mitsubishi, but there are probably avenues in which the dealer gets the upper hand. Like limiting your new car selection only to the "deluxe" trims they have on their lot. Loopholes and stipulations to sucker in the customer.

They always overload car lots with high end trim levels, to lure in the customer into buying more than they need, even with Mirages and the same thing applies with any new car really.
    "Take delivery from dealer stock by such-and-such date..."

When they run ads like this you will always hear this caveat. It is usually a way to clear their lots. If you want something specific the deal doesn't apply...just what they have sitting there. And those are usually the really expensive high-trim models or the really low-trim models with manuals that are hard to sell.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Only the new "Nissan Outlander" can save Mitsubishi in NA. All the Mitsu dealers in Atlanta have very small inventories right now. I'm guessing its the microchip business?
    My nearest Mitsubishi dealership lists 60 Mirages and 41 G4 for their new car inventory. Not one of them is a manual. Madison, WI is much smaller market than Atlanta area.

Outlander Sport is the most popular Mitsubishi in Wisconsin. It's the most common Mitsubishi I see at least, & they have 57 of them in Madison. White Bear Mitsubishi has 130 Outlander Sport in stock, & they often claim to be the number one seller of them in the country.

White Bear's inventory of Mirages is down, but they have been selling them for $10,999 (starting at) for quite some time. That price doesn't include the extra rebates (loyalty, VIP, or military) one may qualify for either. Buying a Mirage locally would still cost me $3000+ more OTD.

It's not hard to find new 2021 Mirages that are cheaper than new 2020 Mirages, because the lame dealerships with 2020 models have them for a reason. They would rather over charge someone for a Mirage rather than give someone a good deal on one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-27-2021)

Near record Spark sales in Q1

Well, the Chevy Spark just had its 2nd best quarter since its 2016 redesign: Jan-Feb-Mar sales increased 23% (year over year) to 11,505 units, or 3835 a month.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...sales-numbers/

No word on the Mirage yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    The Mirage rebates for April are not indicating a fire sale...

Name:  Mirage_rebate_april_2021.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  49.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My nearest Mitsubishi dealership lists 60 Mirages and 41 G4 for their new car inventory. Not one of them is a manual.
    That doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any there.

With the number of manuals in steep decline, I'm seeing more and more errors in ads/listings from car dealers. When creating ads, the sales monkeys are clicking the "automatic" checkbox out of sheer habit. It's not unusual to occasionally see stickshifts in photos of "automatic" cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any there.

With the number of manuals in steep decline, I'm seeing more and more errors in ads/listings from car dealers. When creating ads, the sales monkeys are clicking the "automatic" checkbox out of sheer habit. It's not unusual to occasionally see stickshifts in photos of "automatic" cars.
    I tend to see the opposite. The vehicle will be listed a manual, but pics prove it's a CVT or automatic. I see that quite often actually across other brands, too.

If none of their lowest price listings are manuals, they probably have none. There could be one in the mix, however.