Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1197

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Afa economy cars, a few options were mentioned in the carsdirect article. Whether they are "good" options, I wouldn't know.

I think Mitsubishi would be mistaken if they do what Joel Patel suggests they might in the future. The people who are looking at a Mirage either don't have room for an SUV (subcompact or no), or can't or don't want to pay for one. Some Mitsu loyalists might go for that, but they're just as or more likely to hop over to another econobox (if they have the option), imho.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    a manual is still available for the Canadian market.
    Woohoo!!!

Know what that means? Potentially a used 2023 manual Mirage in my driveway around 2030.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-02-2022),mohammad (09-02-2022),Top_Fuel (09-02-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Woohoo!!!

Know what that means? Potentially a used 2023 manual Mirage in my driveway around 2030.
    won't the gas ban cause all the gas stations to close by then?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

I've already started stockpiling.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (09-02-2022),Mirageman38 (09-02-2022),mohammad (09-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Woohoo!!!

Barring an accident or whatever, I hope to drive my 2017 Mirage well past 2032 (15 years). That's why I don't get bent out of shape about what is happening today. A lot can change in 15 years.

The Mirage peaked in 2019 for me. Cruise control was added to the ES manual with manual climate control that year. It's been all downhill ever since!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (09-02-2022),mohammad (09-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    won't the gas ban cause all the gas stations to close by then?
    I'm guessing there will still be some open.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (09-07-2022),Fummins (09-02-2022),Mirageman38 (09-02-2022),mohammad (09-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,039 Posts
    Yeah, I was about to say...

Not only does California have power issues already, but my understanding is that when an EV is charging it consumes the power equivalent of running something like 50 refrigerators. I saw that on a documentary. I'm a former automotive engineer, and now work for an electrical company, but still don't have a great understanding of electricity.

However, if California keeps piling in the EVs and all the citizens keep charging those suckers, it won't be long before their off-peak electric hours turn into peak hours. So, you know at night, when everyone out there starts charging their cars and it's like they each turned on 50 refrigerators, it's going to be a burden on their grid.

Just let California have a 2 week period of lost power. Oh damn, their love of EVs will fain. Or let them get all loaded up with EVs and their trusty gobment leadership come out with new regulations they they can only charge their cars once a week (or maybe twice a week). And then start adding charge taxes, and other EV related taxes due to losing all the tax on fuel sales.

Remember, when you see someone driving in that Tata EV trying to look all tree-hugging snooty, that they were driving a QX80 , Ford Expedition, Land Rover or Suburban yesterday. And the same lady you see driving all alone today in her HUGE gas guzzling SUV, will be driving a Tata EV tomorrow and judging you negatively because you're burning fossil fuels in your climate changing 3-Tapper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-02-2022),El Kapitan (09-07-2022),Wil B (09-02-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Just let California have a 2 week period of lost power. Oh damn, their love of EVs will fain.
    I was thinking about this the other day. I realized no EV charging stations have any sort of generator backup, i guess its cost prohibitive, although some have some solar to run the lights when the power goes out

What's even funnier is when you think about how some new EV's like the Ford Lightning automatically use the EV battery to power the house during an outage. Now people are going to have zero EV range when they go to drive a day into the blackout.

it would be cool if Tata sold cars here, they make a real poverty ev model.

MetroMpg- are we stockpiling gas or gas cars?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Yeah, I was about to say...

Not only does California have power issues already, but my understanding is that when an EV is charging it consumes the power equivalent of running something like 50 refrigerators. I saw that on a documentary. I'm a former automotive engineer, and now work for an electrical company, but still don't have a great understanding of electricity.

However, if California keeps piling in the EVs and all the citizens keep charging those suckers, it won't be long before their off-peak electric hours turn into peak hours. So, you know at night, when everyone out there starts charging their cars and it's like they each turned on 50 refrigerators, it's going to be a burden on their grid.

Just let California have a 2 week period of lost power. Oh damn, their love of EVs will fain. Or let them get all loaded up with EVs and their trusty gobment leadership come out with new regulations they they can only charge their cars once a week (or maybe twice a week). And then start adding charge taxes, and other EV related taxes due to losing all the tax on fuel sales.

Remember, when you see someone driving in that Tata EV trying to look all tree-hugging snooty, that they were driving a QX80 , Ford Expedition, Land Rover or Suburban yesterday. And the same lady you see driving all alone today in her HUGE gas guzzling SUV, will be driving a Tata EV tomorrow and judging you negatively because you're burning fossil fuels in your climate changing 3-Tapper.
    It took a long time for me to get a flat screen TV & a smart phone. I haven't even owned a vehicle with an automatic transmission yet. I'm not sure that I will live long enough to get an electric vehicle.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (09-07-2022)

Country
    France
    Thanks
    Hello,
    Only 10 751 units sold in France since 2013.
    It is a shame.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to spacestar67 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-03-2022)