Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FitnessPatterns View Post
    ironhead,

First off, thank you for your military service.

I just purchased my 2014 Mirage 3 weeks ago and was given the bad news at the dealership.... I was not eligible for the military rebate. The $500 military rebate DOES NOT include veterans. I read the language right off a print out from Mitsubishi of America (provided to me by the dealer).

You should simply request a $500 lower price based upon your military service. If they truly honor your veteran status, they will accommodate you....regardless of rebates. Otherwise, you are "just another customer" and your service means NOTHING.

Good luck with your purchase!

- Justin S.
    Sgt. Ohio Army National Guard
    Infantry, Military Police, Military Intelligence
    You mu7stve went to the dealer I went to out by the airport. Thats where I started my deal. We found the dealer in Medina selling one for 9999 for a bare bones de manual. So since we were already sitting at the dealer in columbus we tried to barter off of that price. Well the guy laughed at me. So I made the trip up to Medina and picked up the car for 11000 after tax and stuff. But the Columbus dealer wouldn't budge after 13000. Sadly the dealer in Medina is closed now. Thank god I travel to bedford heights for work as theres a dealer a few miles away but I feel weird having to go to a different dealer than where I bought it.
    Anyways if you see a silver mirage when you're in mansfield its probably me you'll know it by the license plate and the various stickers on the window.

Last edited by Rkt Ship; 02-01-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2014 DE Manual: 12072 was the cost of the car, and 13541 out the door. Had to finance most of it. The Mitsubishi dealer in my area is very easy going, no pressure, no hassles, etc. I'm happy with it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    New / leftover 2014 base ES: $13818 full delivered price, including plates.
    I added gap coverage bringing the total to about $14668 (a stray shopping cart could total this thing)

I know I didn't steal it, but I don't think I got abused to badly ???

Gary Lang Mitsubishi in McHenry Illinois has 2 base 2014 DE Mirages left.
    I was over there this evening and saw them.

I could have had one of these for under $13k out the door...
    If you get the blue one, it will need a clutch adjustment before you drive home...
    The red one is O.K.
    Last edited by ThreePot; 10-27-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: error in price

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreePot View Post
    Yep! There has to be some kind of catch there. Maybe the car was being used as a demo and got damaged/repaired.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ed100 View Post
    Yep! There has to be some kind of catch there. Maybe the car was being used as a demo and got damaged/repaired.
    I'm going over there to pick up a part on Monday, and I'll see what they say.

This seems to good to be true.
    That's because it is. Weasel words from the ad:

Price discounts include all eligible rebates. See Salesperson for details.
    So they deducted ALL the possible discounts to get that price, including probably a manufacturer discount. So you only get that figure assuming you also qualify for every one of (examples)... 1) loyalty rebate, 2) military rebate, 3) new graduate rebate, 4) first time carbuyer rebate, 5) snow in July rebate... etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That's because it is. Weasel words from the ad:

So they deducted ALL the possible discounts to get that price, including probably a manufacturer discount. So you only get that figure assuming you also qualify for every one of (examples)... 1) loyalty rebate, 2) military rebate, 3) new graduate rebate, 4) first time carbuyer rebate, 5) snow in July rebate... etc.
    I added back all the "standard" weasel stuff and the price is STILL crazy low...??
    Should make for some interesting B.S. when I ask them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I added back all the "standard" weasel stuff and the price is STILL crazy low...??
    Should make for some interesting B.S. when I ask them.
    I did talk to this dealer a few months ago...they also had a "tornado" rebate. I guess there was a tornado somewhere around there at one time and they had a rebate included that you got only if it affected you...haha. I went with a dealer that had a low internet price listed which they honored with no BS. The Weasel word workers did not get a sale from me. In the wise words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcat For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-11-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    I did talk to this dealer a few months ago...they also had a "tornado" rebate. I guess there was a tornado somewhere around there at one time and they had a rebate included that you got only if it affected you...haha. I went with a dealer that had a low internet price listed which they honored with no BS. The Weasel word workers did not get a sale from me. In the wise words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that"
    FatCat, was the $13,199 the "out the door" price ?