Thread: Navy Officer...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 1,088 Posts

Navy Officer...

As of about 1:30 pm yesterday, my son who was in Washington DC getting grilled (6/3 and 6/4), was told, "You're in!"

So now he's a Navy Nuclear Officer. Getting paid $70k a year from yesterday. Until he completes OCS. Then that $70k will about double after he completes OCS (around the end of September). And he'll get a $30k bonus about the beginning of next month.

After the end of September, he will go to Nuke Power School, and do that for a year. Tough brainiac stuff.

And then after that, he goes under water in order to boil more water, and gets paid even more money in "combat pay." At that time, he'll be making as much as I am now, or more, and will have almost no expenses.

I won't see him much after about October 2025. But he'll be having the time of his life. All these silly girls who never gave him the time of day before will now come running out after him with their panties slipping down... And I'll be advising him to steer clear of any floozy's like that, that come off interested in him because they know his monetary situation.

So proud of him. He's going in completely unattached of all the female encumbrances. He said at the grilling he was just at (with 23 other young men and 2 very smart females), that several of the guys were talking about what they could and could not do (with their Nuclear future) based on what their wives or girlfriends had to say about it. He was shocked as I have been telling him he was in a great position (based on having no g/f) going to do what he's going to do.

Anywho - I've been slipping some of this out in threads from time to time. But finally it has come to fruition, and wanted to go "public" with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-06-2024),Marklovski (06-05-2024),mohammad (Yesterday),Top_Fuel (06-06-2024)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nuclear officer is wild. Congrats to your son! Buy him a mirage!
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,738 Times in 2,140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    As of about 1:30 pm yesterday, my son who was in Washington DC getting grilled (6/3 and 6/4), was told, "You're in!"

So now he's a Navy Nuclear Officer. Getting paid $70k a year from yesterday. Until he completes OCS. Then that $70k will about double after he completes OCS (around the end of September). And he'll get a $30k bonus about the beginning of next month.

After the end of September, he will go to Nuke Power School, and do that for a year. Tough brainiac stuff.

And then after that, he goes under water in order to boil more water, and gets paid even more money in "combat pay." At that time, he'll be making as much as I am now, or more, and will have almost no expenses.

I won't see him much after about October 2025. But he'll be having the time of his life. All these silly girls who never gave him the time of day before will now come running out after him with their panties slipping down... And I'll be advising him to steer clear of any floozy's like that, that come off interested in him because they know his monetary situation.

So proud of him. He's going in completely unattached of all the female encumbrances. He said at the grilling he was just at (with 23 other young men and 2 very smart females), that several of the guys were talking about what they could and could not do (with their Nuclear future) based on what their wives or girlfriends had to say about it. He was shocked as I have been telling him he was in a great position (based on having no g/f) going to do what he's going to do.

Anywho - I've been slipping some of this out in threads from time to time. But finally it has come to fruition, and wanted to go "public" with it.
    Congrats to your son! He sounds like a very fine young man!

Not to make this political, but our country needs young men like him. I don't blame you for being extremely proud of him! If my two daughters weren't already married, ........... LOL!

I'm sure he'll meet the right girl some day. In the meantime, he is in a great position to live out his career dream! Very cool! I appreciate you sharing this with us!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    congrats, Long gone are K17 days. Rickenbacker made sure of that.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,843 Times in 2,146 Posts
    Congratulations Dad! Bravo Zulu.

I've wondered how the Shellback ceremony is conducted on a U.S. sub. Maybe one day you can tell us.
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-06-2024 at 09:01 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Nuclear officer is wild. Congrats to your son! Buy him a mirage!
    He can buy his own damn Mirage! Part of the reason I live like a hobo is that I've spent all my money (and then some) on my 3 sons, their ejumacation, and their two G35s and one RX8. I live like a hobo because I support all that and save all the rest. And have a few other cars that need care & feeding. I'm so dumb, but the car procurement was so cheap, and they're really great cars, and sons.

When he gets out of OCS, I'll be signing over the G35 to him. He says he's going to sell it and get a Tacoma. He's always wanted a Tacoma ... yes, he's even smart about vehicles. Recently drove the other G35 on an interstate only run, cruising at the speed limit or up to no greater than 5 mph over. And it got 27 mpg. Better than decent vehicles those G35s. The RX8 is perhaps a tidge cooler, but is much thirstier. Anywho, I digress.

Mark - I wish he could find a solid female. One that is feminine that's not looking to be a CEO blended together with Superwoman. I think I've told you guys before, I'm a loving accepting hardcore male. By that I mean, I love gay people just like they're my brothers or sisters, and just like I do everyone else (who's not criminal trash). But as a hardcore male (which all 3 sons are as well), I'm extrememly attracted to feminine females. No particular body type. Nothing has to be big here or there. Just feminine, who likes to take on a feminine role. Yubba yubba yubba. Unfortunately, over the last 20 or 30 years, girls are being raised up and taught to be superpowerful CEOs who don't need no man cause men are worthless, etc etc etc. Feel bad for my sons. 2 of them have gf's who seem to be better than average, if not a bit clingy.

Wally - You know too many acronyms for me. I don't know what K17 to which you refer.

Eggman - You lost me at Shellback ceremoney. He is saying he wants to do sub duty. Because is he goes surface ship, after OCS, they make him do 2 WHOLE YEARS of sitting around with his thumb up his butt doing who knows what on some surface ship, BEFORE they will even send him to Nuke Power School. The thought of that make him want to barf. He's not interested in anything but Nuclear. If he goes sub, they need him on a sub ASAP, so after OCS, its straight to Power School and then right on a sub, being in charge of something Nuclear. I couldn't say if he'll just order the minions around and tell them which buttons to push, or what Ed Zachery he will be doing. But it will be 100% related to nuclear. He's afraid if he sits around 2 years, he'll forget too much and will have a very difficult time with Power School. That and guys who do sub duty are sort of kind of looked to as the elite (as far as ship duty goes).

I asked him if females were allowed on submarines. He said they're allowed on certain submarines. I don't see how females can serve on a submarine and not wind up very bow-legged. Seems like it would be a nightmare duty for a female. Of course, I guess there are some females that might thrive, I don't know.

Anywho - Thanks all!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (Yesterday)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    He can buy his own damn Mirage! Part of the reason I live like a hobo is that I've spent all my money (and then some) on my 3 sons, their ejumacation, and their two G35s and one RX8. I live like a hobo because I support all that and save all the rest. And have a few other cars that need care & feeding. I'm so dumb, but the car procurement was so cheap, and they're really great cars, and sons.

When he gets out of OCS, I'll be signing over the G35 to him. He says he's going to sell it and get a Tacoma. He's always wanted a Tacoma ... yes, he's even smart about vehicles. Recently drove the other G35 on an interstate only run, cruising at the speed limit or up to no greater than 5 mph over. And it got 27 mpg. Better than decent vehicles those G35s. The RX8 is perhaps a tidge cooler, but is much thirstier. Anywho, I digress.

Mark - I wish he could find a solid female. One that is feminine that's not looking to be a CEO blended together with Superwoman. I think I've told you guys before, I'm a loving accepting hardcore male. By that I mean, I love gay people just like they're my brothers or sisters, and just like I do everyone else (who's not criminal trash). But as a hardcore male (which all 3 sons are as well), I'm extrememly attracted to feminine females. No particular body type. Nothing has to be big here or there. Just feminine, who likes to take on a feminine role. Yubba yubba yubba. Unfortunately, over the last 20 or 30 years, girls are being raised up and taught to be superpowerful CEOs who don't need no man cause men are worthless, etc etc etc. Feel bad for my sons. 2 of them have gf's who seem to be better than average, if not a bit clingy.

Wally - You know too many acronyms for me. I don't know what K17 to which you refer.

Eggman - You lost me at Shellback ceremoney. He is saying he wants to do sub duty. Because is he goes surface ship, after OCS, they make him do 2 WHOLE YEARS of sitting around with his thumb up his butt doing who knows what on some surface ship, BEFORE they will even send him to Nuke Power School. The thought of that make him want to barf. He's not interested in anything but Nuclear. If he goes sub, they need him on a sub ASAP, so after OCS, its straight to Power School and then right on a sub, being in charge of something Nuclear. I couldn't say if he'll just order the minions around and tell them which buttons to push, or what Ed Zachery he will be doing. But it will be 100% related to nuclear. He's afraid if he sits around 2 years, he'll forget too much and will have a very difficult time with Power School. That and guys who do sub duty are sort of kind of looked to as the elite (as far as ship duty goes).

I asked him if females were allowed on submarines. He said they're allowed on certain submarines. I don't see how females can serve on a submarine and not wind up very bow-legged. Seems like it would be a nightmare duty for a female. Of course, I guess there are some females that might thrive, I don't know.

Anywho - Thanks all!
    Congratulations! Big milestone right there!

Yes I do agree he should get a brand new Mirage. It won’t be a dent in pay. Heck, a WS/GS-05 employee can afford it day one!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    He would want a 5-speed Mirage. So brand new is out. And Mirage at all is a long shot for him. He wants 1 vehicle. So it should be super versatile.

One can still get a 6-speed Tacoma. Not in the trim level or body style I would want, and they're like $60k or some crap. So, I'm pushing him toward the new Toyota Stout. Nobody needs a $45k+ pickup truck. Much less the crap they offer now that's even more expensive than that.

Hopefully the Stout will come with a manual transmission.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (Yesterday)