Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highwire View Post
    Thank you Mark,

I am right in the middle between 30 and 40 . Being aware of the add-ons being the most costly part of a new car, I stuck to the ES trim. The warranty was probably the only thing I didn't need, but having read this forum, I am surprised how many more things are standard on the 2019 compared to the 2014 Mirage, the latter which had no AC on the base. I only tried cruise control a couple times but I think it uses more fuel uphill since it tried to match the speed rather than letting go of the acceleration to keep the RPM low. Also, the feature I enjoy most is the Rear backup camera, which helps me spot things with the wide-angle lens. I still turn around to check what the camera doesn't see, like behind a parked adjacent car, but it is still a huge upgrade compared to a simple radio knob.

It seems like they are still adding features to the newer base models, like climate control. One thing I wish though, was that the Tire Pressure monitor had 4 tire indicators instead of one. I only had the indicator on a couple days this week, since the temperature dipped below 10 degrees F. Which is not typical, but it has been about a month since the tires were last checked, so that could be 34 PSI or 29 PSI. After driving 30 minutes, the light turned off yesterday. And this afternoon it didn't turn on when the starting temp outside was 30 degrees. So I might not need air just yet. Though this winter likely has 2-3 more sub 15 F days, so I might need to check my pressure soon.

I am very happy with my Mirage. I use Top Tier fuel 90% of the time, and try to drive it less than 60mph unless keeping up with traffic. I haven't wanted to treat a car like a baby as much as this one since I know it can age quickly if I don't. It needs a crib too ( a garage)- hoping I won't have to park it outside overnight in a year or so when I look for a house.
    The early 2014-15 Mirages all had auto climate control & A/C in the States. A/C has always been standard here. Manual climate controls appeared on the 2017-19 ES models, and the 2019 LE. Only Canada had a base model Mirage without A/C & things like hand crank back windows, but that has changed for them this year. I personally prefer the manual climate controls. I would buy the 2019 over the 2020 even if they were the same price, but I am a bit strange. Eggman will most likely confirm that!

The ES trim level has changed quite a bit. While the SE & GT have had zero changes. Yet, the price of all three trim levels go up every year. Go figure!

I honestly believe this is a marketing mistake for Mitsubishi. A base-level Mirage for $10,000-11,000 would pull more new customers in their showrooms vs. adding another feature like auto-climate control.

I bought a new Mirage because they were going OTD for under $10,000 in 2017 @ White Bear Mitsubishi. I wouldn't buy a new one at today's prices, but it's just a second beater vehicle for me.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-16-2020 at 12:00 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

highwire (02-16-2020)