Quote Originally Posted by Tommyptr View Post
-I'm from Maine, but bought a car from Florida (its taken apx a month to deliver and have tagged)... a 21' ES 5 speed hatch with 7700 miles. Dealership wanted $15,500 but talked them down, mainly I showed them MSRP and said it was 3 years old, agreed to ($12500) plus doc fee.
-After oil change and a general look over from a local dealer, I've driven the car 3 days and apx 400 miles. The little thing is a total hoot... been 10 years since I had a stick and its light weight nature is actually fun to push around. Also able to drive some 'fairly long distances' just to feel out how it handles, and I love how the 5 speed matches with cruise control, its far steadier on speed than any automatic i've driven. Its comfortable, but the milege in the guage says I'm doing high 40's MPG... but when I tested it with an actual fill up I'm getting about 37.5mpg real world, which is still pretty good. I've been reading the forums since my GF got a G4 in march 2023... and people complain about being tailgated, its a serious thing, people are always on your butt even if you are going 5mph over the limit, its almost like the speedo is off or something. But I think its going to be a great car, and I know this group may not be harsh on me, but if I told anybody else what I feel... I think driving this thing is actually funner than driving a 4cyl Pontiac Fiero... you might have to put me in a loony bin, but I'm actually feeling happy driving this thing.
Naw dude, this little tin can still makes me smile. It's reliable and never lets me down. TOC for 7 years beyond oil/filters is $100 front discs, (new discs and pads), $130 battery, (partly my fault it died) and a couple $$$ for interior LED bulbs.