Thread: Bent my Steel Wheel and Lost a Hubcap

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would surely start with what Eggman suggested. If you strike out there, I bought a pair of steel rims from "onlywheels.com". They were $50/rim with free shipping when I bought them. I checked, & they still carry them. Selecting the right steel rim for a Mirage wasn't working for me on their website tonight. I would consider calling them if that is the case.

I say this, because these 14" steel rims come in 2 different widths, 4 different bolt patterns, 3 different offsets, & 5 different hub bore openings. Thus, you want to make sure you order the correct steel rim. I bought the 5.5" wide steel rims. 165-185 width tires will mount perfectly on them. There are no brake clearance issues (2017+ Mirages have larger front brakes), & the factory hub caps fit in them just fine. Those were my two concerns when I order them.

Even though these steel rims came from Canada, I got them within a few days. I share all this, because I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a used rim when you can get a new one for that price.
    P.S. - I would take it off & wail on it with a small sledge hammer first & see what happens? If I had some doubts afterwards, I would take it over to any tire shop. I would ask them to rebalance it and check it out. Then use it or replace it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-05-2019)