Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver gas prices...highest ever in North America?!?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I have seen video of these a$$holes stealing cats in broad daylight. They roll up in a crappy old van and jump out with two fast-pump floor jacks and Sawzalls. They are done and gone in about 3 minutes. SUVs may be easier to hit and have larger/multiple cats, but these dirtbags come prepared. No vehicle is actually safe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-08-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I have seen video of these a$$holes stealing cats in broad daylight. They roll up in a crappy old van and jump out with two fast-pump floor jacks and Sawzalls. They are done and gone in about 3 minutes. SUVs may be easier to hit and have larger/multiple cats, but these dirtbags come prepared. No vehicle is actually safe.
    My brother's 01' Honda Accord's cat was stolen in broad daylight at his work. It's SUPER wild how insanely fast they can cut it off and run away. Literally under 3 minutes too, which is wild but not surprising since the dumbA$$ theives just use an electric sawszall. I know the catalytic converters are being stolen off the 2011-2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sports. My brother, works at auto/body shop, tells me there are at least 2 or 3 a week that come in. It's crazy. I don't think there's much automakers can do to solve that issue.... unless that cat is similar to the mirage's (where it's right after the header, near the firewall). Totally agree with you though, no vehicle is safe. If the thieves want it that badly, they will do what they can.

I just saw that some places in Canada, it's basically equivalent to $6.30/gallon here in the states. How much is that good ol' 93 octane up there for you folks? It's $4.899/gallon for 92 octane at the gas station near my work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

It'll probably get worse before it gets better. At least my natural gas bill didn't hurt as bad this last month.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    If a thief crew can pull a cat off an Escalade in 3 minutes, say what you will about them being scumbags, that's still impressive. I'd reckon for every professional car thief out there, there's 10 joyriding idiots or worse, car jackers. There was a car theft crew in Atlanta, that for years, that got away with stealing hundreds of cars. Their M.O. was no violence and to steal them off parked streets in the rich side of town, no garages, no witnesses. IIRC they mostly targeted Hondas. The APD finally caught up with them after a decade, and discovered these guys were all extremely talented in mechanics, had a sophisticated chop shop, hell, some of them even rented themselves out as wheel men supposedly. This was what I heard when I lived in the city, supposedly a downtown bar I used to frequent, was a regular hang out for these dudes. This was 20 years ago, so who knows?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I post this not as a complaint because I realize I'm still exposed to some of the lowest fuel costs in the world, but I just paid $4 a gallon ($3.999 per). 7.4 gallons to fill. That's up about $0.60 in roughly a week. It's spiking. I got all my vehicles filled in the last few days. All but the Blueberry will be 'stored' as much as possible. Except The Warden's vehicle. Gas is still $0.000 per gallon in her world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-07-2022),Fummins (03-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I post this not as a complaint because I realize I'm still exposed to some of the lowest fuel costs in the world, but I just paid $4 a gallon ($3.999 per). 7.4 gallons to fill. That's up about $0.60 in roughly a week. It's spiking. I got all my vehicles filled in the last few days. All but the Blueberry will be 'stored' as much as possible. Except The Warden's vehicle. Gas is still $0.000 per gallon in her world.
    Attachment 23025

It's about time to start hording toilet paper again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-08-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought he was holding up a sign for how much my wife thinks gas is per gallon...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I thought he was holding up a sign for how much my wife thinks gas is per gallon...
    Well, it went up here again too…10cents a liter since Saturday. It’s $1.659/Liter now.

$100 to fill the wife’s turd pail Kia. Good news though, the drama teacher is jacking up carbon tax next month.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-08-2022),mohammad (03-08-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    How much is that good ol' 93 octane up there for you folks? It's $4.899/gallon for 92 octane at the gas station near my work.
    premium gas at station closest to me is 6.35 USD/US gallon
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's too much. Tell them you'll give them $2.50 for a gallon and they can take it or leave it.