Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver gas prices...highest ever in North America?!?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    This one actually has some evidence behind it.Attachment 23053
    I totally disagree!!!! We were totally energy independent two years ago. We were exporting oil. Gas was $2/gallon or under.

We helped fund what is going on with the world by buying Russia oil. To say otherwise is just being ignorant. It's time people wake up!

Now, the administration wants to buy oil from Iran & Venezuela? Those leaders are as untrustworthy as Putin.

Gas being over $4/gallon is planned. The current administration wants this!!! Ever decision made points to this! It's being used to push people to electric vehicles even though the infrastructure is not in place for it.

A few weeks rising gas prices were blamed on COVID. Now they are blaming Putin. They are just deflecting. We should not have been buying oil from Russia to begin with.

Meanwhile, the people making poor decisions about our economy fly around in jets. Does this current energy secretary seemed concerned about gas prices?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icmo9wKJovw

I could share more, but I can't stomach it.

Korea, Russia, & Iran were put in their place a few years ago. No one died the last 18 months of last administration in Afghanistan. Strength insures PEACE!!!! Strength crumbled the wall in Berlin. Have the younger generation forgotten that?

Weakness has been detected and the world is feeling the pain of that. Don't label me a Trump supporter, because I am not a fan of the guy. Having said that, I can't support stupidity.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-11-2022),fc321 (03-12-2022),Fummins (03-11-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    (Fearing the inevitable closure of the thread)

Say, how about the 2022 Eclipse Cross?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    (Fearing the inevitable closure of the thread)

Say, how about the 2022 Eclipse Cross?
    Headlights look dumb. taillights look ok. its offered as a plug in hybrid in other markets, i wonder why they dont offer a the plug in hybrid in canada/usa as plug in hybrids are popular here due to government rebates. the toyota rav4 prime is sold out nationwide.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I totally disagree!!!! We were totally energy independent two years ago. We were exporting oil. Gas was $2/gallon or under.

We helped fund what is going on with the world by buying Russia oil. To say otherwise is just being ignorant. It's time people wake up!

Now, the administration wants to buy oil from Iran & Venezuela? Those leaders are as untrustworthy as Putin.

Gas being over $4/gallon is planned. The current administration wants this!!! Ever decision made points to this! It's being used to push people to electric vehicles even though the infrastructure is not in place for it.

A few weeks rising gas prices were blamed on COVID. Now they are blaming Putin. They are just deflecting. We should not have been buying oil from Russia to begin with.

Meanwhile, the people making poor decisions about our economy fly around in jets. Does this current energy secretary seemed concerned about gas prices?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icmo9wKJovw

I could share more, but I can't stomach it.

Korea, Russia, & Iran were put in their place a few years ago. No one died the last 18 months of last administration in Afghanistan. Strength insures PEACE!!!! Strength crumbled the wall in Berlin. Have the younger generation forgotten that?

Weakness has been detected and the world is feeling the pain of that. Don't label me a Trump supporter, because I am not a fan of the guy. Having said that, I can't support stupidity.
    Mark, you know your my favorite on here and I love ya but gas prices are the same now as they were in June 2018.

According to the US Energy Information Administration, crude oil production in the US fell 8% in 2020, compared to 2019, amounting to the "largest annual decline in the U.S. Energy Information Administration's records."
    The decrease in oil production followed a "sudden drop in petroleum demand" caused by the coronavirus pandemic, according to the EIA report.
    The price of gas has risen significantly in 2021, going from an average of $2.42 per gallon in January to $3.076 in May. The price per gallon remained at levels above $3 for nearly 4 years in the wake of the great recession from December 2010 to November 2014.
    "At this point, there is no plausible connection between Biden becoming president and the increasing gasoline prices," Severin Borenstein, a professor of Business Administration and Public Policy at the University of California Berkeley said.
    Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, a website that tracks the price of gas, also suggested the rising gas prices are due to a recent increase in demand following the decrease caused by the pandemic, not any policy changes by the President.
    "This is not a political issue. It's more of a Covid-19 challenge simply because of how Covid-19 decimated fuel demand last year,"

This is a current quote in the papers and for the record I could care less if liked Trump or not because I'd consider you a friend either way. What a boring world we'd live in if people we admired and respected had to agree with us all the time. I'm more of a nuanced kinda guy. Big hug Mark!!!!

Gas has never been this high here. I think everywhere across the Canada's are seeing all time record high prices. The flu made gas go to unheard of lows in March 2020.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark, you know your my favorite on here and I love ya but gas prices are the same now as they were in June 2018.

According to the US Energy Information Administration, crude oil production in the US fell 8% in 2020, compared to 2019, amounting to the "largest annual decline in the U.S. Energy Information Administration's records."
    The decrease in oil production followed a "sudden drop in petroleum demand" caused by the coronavirus pandemic, according to the EIA report.
    The price of gas has risen significantly in 2021, going from an average of $2.42 per gallon in January to $3.076 in May. The price per gallon remained at levels above $3 for nearly 4 years in the wake of the great recession from December 2010 to November 2014.
    "At this point, there is no plausible connection between Biden becoming president and the increasing gasoline prices," Severin Borenstein, a professor of Business Administration and Public Policy at the University of California Berkeley said.
    Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, a website that tracks the price of gas, also suggested the rising gas prices are due to a recent increase in demand following the decrease caused by the pandemic, not any policy changes by the President.
    "This is not a political issue. It's more of a Covid-19 challenge simply because of how Covid-19 decimated fuel demand last year,"

This is a current quote in the papers and for the record I could care less if liked Trump or not because I'd consider you a friend either way. What a boring world we'd live in if people we admired and respected had to agree with us all the time. I'm more of a nuanced kinda guy. Big hug Mark!!!!
    I'm sorry, but I don't put much stock in the people you quoted. Gas was not this high in 2018. It was a bit higher than normal, however. I couldn't get $20 of gas in my Mirage for years! I can now quite easily!

I traveled through parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, entire state of Illinois, and Wisconsin yesterday. Gas was never priced like this in 2018. Where is that coming from?

"The all-time high for U.S. gas prices was $4.10 in July 2008, according to Bloomberg." taken from https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gas-prices-oil/

I take very little stock in today's news media. News should not be bias, & that goes both ways.

I can only observe the facts.

Peace treaties were being signed in the Middle East a couple years ago. Something changed?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I'm sorry, but I don't put much stock in the people you quoted. Gas was not this high in 2018. It was a bit higher than normal, however. I couldn't get $20 of gas in my Mirage for years! I can now quite easily!

I traveled through parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, entire state of Illinois, and Wisconsin yesterday. Gas was never priced like this in 2018. Where is that coming from?

"The all-time high for U.S. gas prices was $4.10 in July 2008, according to Bloomberg." taken from https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gas-prices-oil/

I take very little stock in today's news media. News should not be bias, & that goes both ways.

I can only observe the facts.

Peace treaties were being signed in the Middle East a couple years ago. Something changed?
    What's changed is Saudi Arabia, the crown prince is calling the shots now since his father, King Salman, semi-retired. The West admonished the Prince after he was caught ordering the murder of a respected journalist. I imagine it was a deep humiliation for the Prince. He was an up and coming star on the world stage, said to be even more moderate than his father. Then he ruined it all, his reputation as the future King of Saudi Arabia and trusted ally to the West. Turning down the US request for oil is his revenge in my opinion.

Know this, China is eyeing Taiwan. It's only a matter of time. What terrifies me about China, is their patience. They'll swoop in to try and broker a peace deal between NATO and Russia. If it sticks, China could use that as leverage against the US government I fear.

China is the only one that can bring Putin to heel, I feel.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Oh and my Mirage is just great! You hear that moderators? I loooooooooove my Mirage baby! Drive it to Moscow and drop kick Putin in the chest, right before he beats me to death with his master Judo skills.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh and my Mirage is just great! You hear that moderators? I loooooooooove my Mirage baby! Drive it to Moscow and drop kick Putin in the chest, right before he beats me to death with his master Judo skills.
    The world has become more unstable the past year or so. I don't think Putin changed. He's living up to his reputation.

Something else changed?

Dirk - We will always be friends. That will never change!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-12-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The world has become more unstable the past year or so. I don't think Putin changed. He's living up to his reputation.

Something else changed?

Dirk - We will always be friends. That will never change!
    Well if it turns in Dr. Strangelove at least we can say we had a good run amigo.