Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
I used to hate when customers would supply their own parts.
When customers supply the proper parts but they're cheap garbage and fail far sooner than they should have the customer usually get's irate and blames the shop.
Any shop that installs off-brand customer-supplied parts these days is crazy. The shop is not trying to rip you off...they just don't want the headache.

Related story...

I recently took a couple of key fobs into a Nissan dealer to have them programmed. The service advisor looked at me and asked.."Where did you get these things?" I told him I got them on eBay...but that I had verified they were OEM Nissan fobs with the proper FCC Id for the vehicle and they had new batteries. He just nodded and commented about all the junk aftermarket fobs people had brought in to have programmed (many wouldn't work). He just warned me that whether or not the fobs could be programmed, I was getting charged $90 for an hour of labor. I was good with that. Fortunately they programmed just fine...but I'm sure a lot of customers paid a $90 bill and got nothing because their fobs were garbage.