Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
Hey has your 175s caused you any transmission problems? I read on here that might be a thing?
I don't recall anyone having a transmission issue related to 175 tires. I have heard of people being denied warranty work being done, because stock size tires were changed. I found this post below -

"CAUTION:

I had a good conversation with a service rep at Mitsubishi. I explained the alignment issue and they had never heard of it. I further talked about my tire change and I was surprised at the response. Someone else had changed to 175s, had a transmission issue that they could not figure out. After hours of exhaustive research, they blamed the tire size as the issue. Mitsubishi denied the transmission warranty due to incorrect tire size. Customer out $5000.

OMG!"

Sounds like more of an excuse by Mitsubishi to avoid having to do $5000 of warranty work to someone's car, but who knows? If changing your tires from 165/65-14 to 175/65-14 makes your transmission go out, it's a pretty lame set up to begin with.

There's some value in sticking with stock size/quality items on cars still under warranty. I checked into tire options prior to purchasing a Mirage. Since the two factory sizes (14" & 15") are so odd here in the U.S., I wanted to make sure a couple options existed. I don't need 50 tire options, but it sure helps to have a couple affordable choices.