Thread: another one bites the dust

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Thanks for the update. I would be on the phone to complain to corporate Mitsubishi about this.

I wonder if your car has another issue that they don't want to mess with? It's hard to imagine an axle being that far out of spec...unless the mounting points on the car are the issue. If that's the case, that may not be repairable and they know it.

You aren't the first one to be in that situation where a replacement axle didn't fix the problem. But you are the first one who ever followed up to say that Mitsubishi will throw you under the bus if the first replacement axle doesn't work.

If that's going to be Mitsubishi's policy, then I would never buy a new Mirage without a pre-purchase alignment check.
    With the aggravation and run around I got with this car and it’s still not right this will be my last Mirage I ever buy. Too bad because I really like it but won’t take another chance on getting a bad rear axle again or have to have the car checked out first before buying.

I don’t like SUV/CUV’s and the Mirage is Mitsubishi’s only car they offer so unless they come out with another car this is my last Mitsubishi I’ll ever buy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FloridaG4 For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (08-30-2018)