Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NST Lightweight OEM Pulley Kit "Buy-In" (GROUP BUY!)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrush View Post
    How do YOU know they ARE? Show me a website that has a full set of lightweight OEM-diameter pulleys for the 3A92 platform, Steve. Go ahead, I will wait. I understand your a contrarian, but sometimes you just look foolish.
    I can't prove or disprove that there are lightweight pulleys available in Asia because I can't read Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Manarin, or any of the other Asian languages.

My point was that it is unreasonable to think an aftermarket pulley made in the USA would be marketable to someone in Asia. Given that Mitsubishi has only sold a small number of these cars in the states compared to Asia, it is highly unlikely that someone in Asia hasn't already thought of what is being discussed on here.

Why on earth would anyone in Asia want to pay USA prices, plus international shipping for something that can be manufactured in a Chinese sweatshop for just a few dollars is beyond me?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen stuff like this happen in the Delorean community several times. Someone shows up, wants to experiment with something but doesn't want to pay full price so they work on getting a group of people together to make a group purchase at a discounted rate. I've seen this fail with radio brackets, control arm supports, and dashboards.

The Delorean vendors who sell parts for a living now know better than to do it this way. The best way is to manufacture one or two of the original product at full price, put it on your vehicle and see if it works. If you aren't having any problems after a year, then you can sell the product with confidence.

Once you know it works, then have a run of ten or so of them made at a discount and pay for it with your own money. Stock the part, and sell each one at a small markup, perhaps just enough to pay for your original test product. The product will sell easier because you can give people real world information as to how it works and improves performance.

One Delorean vendor made a mistake of rushing dashboards into production without doing any long term tests before production. Now they are sitting on thousands of dashboards that can't survive in the sun for more than 30 days. I know because I purchased one and after a month of sitting in the Louisiana sun, it falls to pieces just by touching it.

FYI Qrush, I don't think stevedmc intended to antagonize you just for the sake of being contrarian.

We have multiple members here who are active on MPH, the Philippines Mirage forum (biggest gen 6 Mirage forum going). Maybe you already contacted some of them to see if there's a pulley supplier in Southeast Asia.

EG: see this thread and look at member location to find MPH members:
    Thread: What's going on with Mirage Pilipinas (MPH) forum?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    FYI Qrush, I don't think stevedmc intended to antagonize you just for the sake of being contrarian.
    Thanks for the kind words, but I disagree. I am an asshole.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Why on earth would anyone in Asia want to pay USA prices, plus international shipping for something that can be manufactured in a Chinese sweatshop for just a few dollars is beyond me?
    So this is the hill you wanna die on? A rhetorical question that realistically cannot be answered? What point were you trying to make? Pretty low-rent to chime in this late, with nothing TRULY substantive/enlightening/positive to bring to the table. I have done all MY homework, time for you to do some now. Go ahead and locate those missing Asian pulleys, I will wait. My point is, what have YOU to offer to this thread? Which is at its end - in case you weren't paying attention.

I did have a look at the Asian markets to search for pulleys, I found none. That doesn't mean there aren't any, doesn't mean there are. As to them buying ours, to each his own. Shipping is free right now, fyi. Why buy an American product? I will buy a product that says MADE IN THE USA before I buy a product that says MADE IN CHINA - the craftsmanship is better, and many around the globe feel the same. People will pay for quality, myself included. Lots of Asian distributors have deals with American companies. They can make a deal with NST, just like everyone else.

I just find it lame to come to the discussion at the 11th hour and broach a rhetorical question that will change/prove/illuminate nothing. The bread is baked, dude. Instead of turning off the oven, bring some yeast to offer the discussion.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrush View Post
    I will buy a product that says MADE IN THE USA before I buy a product that says MADE IN CHINA - the craftsmanship is better, and many around the globe feel the same. People will pay for quality, myself included.
    Then why did you buy a Mirage? Last time I checked, these cars weren't being built in the USA.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Then why did you buy a Mirage? Last time I checked, these cars weren't being built in the USA.
    Because the price/availability/color for the Chevy Spark I wanted initially, was not lined up at the time of purchase for me. So, I went with the Mirage and did not look back, nor regret the purchase.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Tomorrow is the last day to join the group buy. I have not heard from NST in some time. They have not responded to my latest e-mail. Perhaps they will respond Monday, when regular hours resume.

Guys, tone it down please.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Heres the latest from NST regarding our group buy:
    "I expect to have a final decision and update for you regarding our GB, your kit, and final pricing by the end of the day today."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qrush For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-27-2018),MetroMPG (08-27-2018)