Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My new OEM-size tires: Vredestein Quatrac 5

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Somebody post a link to light weight alloy wheels that costs $80 per. I've only found one source from Discount Tire. These are 14 x 5.5", not sure if 14 x 6" would work with a 175 65 14 tire? Offset is 38mm, hope that's cool?
    I guess you're not saving up for a replacement CVT?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I guess you're not saving up for a replacement CVT?
    Not after I found out Aamco does CVT rebuilds now for $1300 bucks lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Somebody post a link to light weight alloy wheels that costs $80 per. I've only found one source from Discount Tire. These are 14 x 5.5", not sure if 14 x 6" would work with a 175 65 14 tire? Offset is 38mm, hope that's cool?
    A 6" wide rims is recommended for 175-205 wide tires. 185-195 wide tires are considered the best sizes for that width rim. Thus, a 6" wide rim should work with your 175/65-14 tires. I believe 5-5.5" wide rims would be better for Mirage, but selection is very limited in that width @ tirerack.com.

My 2000 Honda CR-V had 15" x 6" rims with 205/70-15 tires. It just seems a little odd to put 6" wide rims on a small Mirage to me, but I know many are doing it without issue. I am sticking with 14" x 4.5" steel rims myself, but I'm cheap!

I shared this some time ago. Fitmen Industries has quite a selection of wheels. They list 17 choices for 14" x 5.5" wheels for a Mirage. That's way more than tirerack.com. I used 14" & 5.5" filters for below -

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/st...4x3.94%2C4x100

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-21-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Mark, as always, your a saint. Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Dirk...make sure you verify how much a wheel weighs before you buy it. A lot of wheel manufacturers go out of their way to not list the weight in their specifications. If you dig around on the web, you can usually find it because somebody somewhere has probably put one on a scale and posted about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Dirk...make sure you verify how much a wheel weighs before you buy it. A lot of wheel manufacturers go out of their way to not list the weight in their specifications. If you dig around on the web, you can usually find it because somebody somewhere has probably put one on a scale and posted about it.
    What wheel/tire combo weight would you recommend? Under 30lbs? That vision cross wheel and 175 Barums weigh a total of 30.5 pounds per combo. Is that too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A 6" wide rims is recommended for 175-205 wide tires. 185-195 wide tires are considered the best sizes for that width rim. Thus, a 6" wide rim should work with your 175/65-14 tires. I believe 5-5.5" wide rims would be better for Mirage, but selection is very limited in that width @ tirerack.com.

My 2000 Honda CR-V had 15" x 6" rims with 205/70-15 tires. It just seems a little odd to put 6" wide rims on a small Mirage to me, but I know many are doing it without issue. I am sticking with 14" x 4.5" steel rims myself, but I'm cheap!

I shared this some time ago. Fitmen Industries has quite a selection of wheels. They list 17 choices for 14" x 5.5" wheels for a Mirage. That's way more than tirerack.com. I used 14" & 5.5" filters for below -

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/st...4x3.94%2C4x100
    I'm a cheap ******* too. Especially more so now. I wouldn't mind getting a second set of wheels just so I don't have to swap tires over twice a year. But I'd keep with cheapo light skinny's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm a cheap ******* too. Especially more so now. I wouldn't mind getting a second set of wheels just so I don't have to swap tires over twice a year. But I'd keep with cheapo light skinny's.
    If I could find a pair nearby, I would buy an extra pair of factory 14" x 4.5" steel rims myself.

I have a pair of aftermarket 14" x 5.5" steel rims ($50/each new with free shipping) that I have been running up front with snow tires during the winter months. I prefer the factory 14" x 4.5" rims. Factory rims are less bulky & hubcaps fit in tighter.

I have 6 steel rims now, but I should make it 8 rims some day.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't believe I am just now noticing this thread. A Delorean friend of mine convinced Vredestein to custom make a set of tires for us Delorean owners a few years ago. I never did pickup a set, but based on what I saw, Vredestein is a very nice, and costly, premium brand. I wish I could still get a set of those for the Delorean but they aren't making them anymore.

I don't know how long they last, but they ride very nice on Deloreans. You have found a good tire. Congratulations on your find!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I can't believe I am just now noticing this thread. A Delorean friend of mine convinced Vredestein to custom make a set of tires for us Delorean owners a few years ago. I never did pickup a set, but based on what I saw, Vredestein is a very nice, and costly, premium brand. I wish I could still get a set of those for the Delorean but they aren't making them anymore.

I don't know how long they last, but they ride very nice on Deloreans. You have found a good tire. Congratulations on your find!
    Tirerack.com has been carrying 165/65-14 Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires for quite some time. Thus, it has been a topic of discussion. Other sizes are available, too. For those of us who live in the north, it's a decent all-weather tire to consider. Prices seem to hang in the $70-75/tire range. I doubt a person will get much more than 40,000 miles out them, but I could be wrong. I am considering them some day.