Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

My new OEM-size tires: Vredestein Quatrac 5

Name:  2018-09-08 10.52.40.jpg
Views: 3901
Size:  91.0 KB

I was at 35k miles on my original Ensave tires, and had a sidewall bubble in one that finally popped on my way to work last Tuesday. I've seen a few posts on here about the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires that TireRack sells for the Mirage, but I wasn't sure if anyone here had tried them out yet. They seemed to have great reviews, were pretty efficient (not sure if they're technically LRR or not), with relatively good light snow traction. In other words, decently average tires. So I bit the bullet, took one for the team, ordered them Tuesday, and they were delivered by Wednesday. I had them delivered directly to the Mr. Tire near me that was open Saturdays (only time I could reasonably get in). I've only got may 75 miles on them so far, but it's all been on wet to very-wet roads (leftover rain from Gordon), and so far they've been better than the Ensaves. My wife agrees that the car feels firmer and more stable. There's a curving interchange over a bridge that I go over, and there's a bump where asphalt ends and concrete begins, right in the middle of the curve. With the Ensaves, I would always feel the car kind of "bounce" to the side, but going over it this morning with the Vredestein tires, it didn't hop at all. $320 shipped for the tires, $110 for mount, balance, and disposal.

So far, I'm happy with them, though I will preface that with the fact that I'm not super picky or hyper-observant. But as far as tires go, they at least seem plenty safe in the rain so far.

Also, it's kind of fun to see "Made in The Netherlands" on my tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

BeanSproutExpress (09-24-2018),Eggman (09-09-2018),fc321 (01-19-2019),MetroMPG (09-30-2018)