2012 Scion iQ vs 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage
I've been meaning to do this for a while, my impressions of the Mirage versus my old iQ:
- Curb weight: 2,127 lbs
- Larger i4 Engine: 1.3 liters / 94 hp
- Direct injection engine, with known carbon build-up issues
- Smaller fuel tank: 8.5 gallons
- Smaller turning radius: 13.2 ft
- Larger stock wheels: 16"/5"
- Even more obscure stock tire size: 175/60R16
- 6 segment fuel display - last segment blinks at 2.5 gallons in the tank
- Lower EPA fuel mileage: 36city / 37highway / 37combined
- Smoother CVT, but not geared as well for the highway
- Better steering feedback
- 3+1 seating
- Little body roll
- Curb weight: 2,018 lbs - 2,128 lbs
- Smaller engine: 1.2 liters / 78 hp
- Multipoint injection engine without direct injection drawbacks
- Larger fuel tank: 9.25 gallons
- Larger turning radius: 15.1 ft
- Smaller stock wheels: 14"/4.5"
- Uncommon stock tire size: 165/65R14
- 10? segment fuel display, with multiple fuel level indicators
- Better EPA fuel mileage: 37city / 43highway / 39combined
- Jerkier CVT, but better gearing for the highway
- "Dead" steering
- 5 person seating
- Worse body roll
Overall, the Mirage is more practical, but I miss the steering feel of the iQ.
Last edited by timw4mail; 10-03-2018 at 01:22 PM.
View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)