Greetings from Florida!
About a week ago I purchased the Mirage because my other vehicles got old and unreliable so it was time for an upgrade!
I had to drive about 70 miles to a dealer that had one with a manual trans. I had to have the 5 speed, the automatic is probably fine but not my cup of tea.
Luckily the car is silver in color. I would have taken the only 5 speed they had in any color except the purple/pink.
So why get a Mirage?
Because I'm a macho guy and I knew I had to get something that will attract the ladies no matter what it's going to cost
Joking aside, I work at a Buick-GMC-Mitsubishi dealership and when I asked a sales person-what do we have on the lot that is a manual transmission? The answer was basically- nothing used but we got the new Mirages and you could probably get that in a 5 speed.
Well we only had the automatic transmission ones with no ETA on the 5 speeds so after checking out the A/T I liked the Mirage and needed the new ride ASAP hence the drive to another dealer.
So what do I not like about the car?
- There is really nothing that bothers me about the car sofar.
According to most reviews there is the body roll while cornering. Yes the body rolls a bit more than say my old mazda protege. It does not matter to me!
- Shifter "not precise"- You are not precise shifting To me it shifts fine.
- "All plastic door panels"- Thank you! This way in few years there is not going to be a dirt spot on the door panel where the elbow might rub the panel. (dust,sweat etc.)
- Turn signal audible click feedback could be a little louder I have to glance down to the cluster to see if the green arrow is flashing or not. Something I will get used to!
The only real wish I have is taller gearing would be nice. And I maybe saying that because I'm a hypermiler and like to see RPMs as low as possible.
Things I like about the car!
-Inexpensive! ( I know that is relative)
Less than 500 miles on the car sofar but I can now routinely get the MPG display to go 60+ after 14 plus miles from a cold start.
Can not comment on MPG display accuracy until my next fillup!
-Sound of the engine! I think it sounds like a badass from the inside of the car
-Leg room, head clearance! I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room!
-Awesome low beam headlamp with a projector like sharp cutoff! Great high beam too!
- Steering! I like the steering most reviews complain about. Light at slow speeds and I think complete removal of assist at high speeds. I can take a gentle bend in the road with an initial setting of the steering wheel before the curve and it will hold a few degrees of steering wheel angle on it's own indefinitely.
However that is not the reason I like it. There is a particular road where trucks had caved ruts in the asphalt and I always see other vehicles darting all over the place on that road due to the wheels catching the side of the indentations. Well the little Mirage just keeps heading in a straight line like it's on rails!
Bottom line: I really like this little thing overall! I would drive it anywhere!
PS: Is there a five post rule for attaching images? When I hit the insert image button,my screen goes white out and have to reload the page. Could be my computer.