Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floor Mats

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Floor Mats

Hello friends!

New here, been a mirage owner since Jan of 2017 (Have loved my car every minute!) I have a quick question, has anyone bought https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mitsubishi-Weather-MZ314842-Mirage/dp/B017OC6BJ0 these floor mats? Either from Amazon or from the dealer? If so, could someone upload some pictures, I want to know how they look. I can't seem to find any pictures other than the stock ones. I am trying to decide between these and the weather tech ones that are roughly $180. I like the Genuine ones because of course it says Mirage on the side but they will fit well. I like the weather tech ones because it covers the foot holder on the right hand side (I have a manual and rest my foot there when I am not shifting so it gets dirty.)

If this is the wrong thread please let me know and suggest where I put. Thanks a bunch!

I will also take some other suggestions for floor mats as well!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am selling a set of Hexomat custom mats. If you're interested. Have 10ishk on them. Perfect fit and go high up the dead pedal.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...mat-Floor-Mats
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I am selling a set of Hexomat custom mats. If you're interested. Have 10ishk on them. Perfect fit and go high up the dead pedal.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...mat-Floor-Mats
    Thanks for the offer! I will have to pass though! Your Mirage looks awesome btw!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SlothTheHero For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (01-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the stock carpet Mirage mats and it looks like the rubber ones cover roughly the same area. If that's the case then don't waste your money. The Weathertech ones are pretty decent and that's what I put in my car. I wish Husky made mats for the Mirage but they don't. I like their products better and have their Floorliners in my Tacoma.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I have the stock carpet Mirage mats and it looks like the rubber ones cover roughly the same area. If that's the case then don't waste your money. The Weathertech ones are pretty decent and that's what I put in my car. I wish Husky made mats for the Mirage but they don't. I like their products better and have their Floorliners in my Tacoma.
    That was kind of my thought on the matter. Thanks!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I bought the Mitsubishi All Weather mats & took them out right away & ordered the weathertech ones. If you want my Mitsubishi ones, send me the shipping cost & you can have them. I was really disappointed in them..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I have had Weather Techs (front, rear, and cargo) since my car was new, and that was four years and 112,000 miles ago. It is the first car I have ever owned that was new enough for Weather Techs to be an option for me. I get in and out of my car probably 100 times a day, and the mats have held up very well against the soggy weather we get eight months out of the year here in the Pacific Northwest.

I will say that the 'dead pedal' coverage is a bit lacking. I wear a size 10 shoe, and the portion of the mat that covers the dead pedal only covers a little over half of it. The top portion of the pedal is uncovered, and gets dirty. But that portion of the carpet is really only visible if you are looking up under the dash for some reason.

If you are truly worried about keeping your carpet nice then Weather Techs are the best way to go. But they are not perfect...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone used the cheap universal sized (cut to fit) rubber mats?

I saw a set at Aldi's for $8 I think (A set of 4)

Name:  Rubber-Car-Mats-B.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  81.2 KB

This is what I am using at the moment:

Name:  81Yd1ydQc0L._SL1497_.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  97.3 KB

Only problem is These mats dont exactly "impress girls", heh-heh

https://www.amazon.com/OxGord-Univer.../dp/B00D3298A0

Update: Here is some "comic relief...." This review on Amazon from a Darwin Award nominee:

Last edited by fc321; 01-25-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Has anyone used the cheap universal sized (cut to fit) rubber mats?

I saw a set at Aldi's for $8 I think (A set of 4)

Name:  Rubber-Car-Mats-B.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  81.2 KB

This is what I am using at the moment:

Name:  81Yd1ydQc0L._SL1497_.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  97.3 KB

Only problem is These mats dont exactly "impress girls", heh-heh

https://www.amazon.com/OxGord-Univer.../dp/B00D3298A0

Update: Here is some "comic relief...." This review on Amazon from a Darwin Award nominee:

Haha! I have universal ones now. They don't do as well as I would like. I may look into some other options though universal wise.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SlothTheHero For This Useful Post:

fc321 (01-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    fc321 I bought a similar set (branded Goodyear) for another car. I thought they would work great. I spent quite a bit of time trimming.

Eventually I took them out. They never stayed in place and the fit was a continual compromise. The money I saved on the low purchase price was blown trimming them to fit. The finished trim didn't give the coverage I hoped for.

The upside is I re-learned a lesson on buying a product that was built for a purpose. Sometimes (I'll grant, not always) it is worth it to buy an item and use it in the manner in which it was designed. The individual or organization should be rewarded accordingly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)