Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Upgrade 2015 Mirage or trade for 2011 Golf TDI

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowtuy View Post
    What is that? I keep ac off because it adds another ankor lol
    shadowtuy, your Lil Tav is a 2015 ES. It is a well equipped car which has the automatic climate control. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but default operation has the air conditioning compressor running each time you turn on your engine. This wastes fuel, wears your compressor and robs power from propulsion.

Turning this off is easy. Instructions for this are found in your Owner's Manual.

Also refer to this post for instructions on how to turn this off:

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner's Manual

Personalizing the air conditioning switch (Changing the function setting)

You can change the following functions to match your preference.
    • Enable automatic air conditioning control:
      When the AUTO switch is pressed, or when the temperature control switch has been set to the minimum temperature, the air conditioning switch is automatically controlled.

• Disable automatic air conditioning control:
      The air conditioning switch is not automatically controlled, unless the air conditioning switch is used.

• Changing the settings
      Press the air conditioning switch for about 10 seconds or longer. When the setting has changed, the system will beep and the “❄” indicator will flash.
      • When the setting has changed from enabled to disabled, the system will beep three times and the indicator will flash three times.
      • When the setting has changed from disabled to enabled, the system will beep two times and the indicator will flash three times.

Note
    • The factory setting is “Enable automatic air conditioning control”.
    • When the defogger switch is pressed, the air conditioning will run automatically, even if the system is set to “Disable automatic air conditioning control”, in order to prevent windows from fogging up.

AUTO switch

When the AUTO switch is pressed, the mode selection, blower speed adjustment, recirculated/ outside air selection, temperature adjustment, and air conditioner ON/OFF status are all controlled automatically.
    The “AUTO” indicator will be shown in the display (A).
    Check your climate control display for the AC indicator and let us know how yours is configured.

I hope this helps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

shadowtuy (02-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    I chuckled when I read this. I bet I could beat you in the "slow" race, with the 1960 canvass top bug with 36 hp, that I used to own. LOl
    I had a '91 non-turbo diesel Jetta with all of 54 horsepower. Much heavier car than that Bug!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Back to the original post - I think adding air to your tires (40-42 psi should be safe), & trying the B mode on your car more is a good place to start. Try to pay your car off sooner rather than later, too.

If your friends don't like the ride, they can always walk. If they don't own a car themselves, they have no reason to talk. If they were given a car, they still have no reason to talk. Sometimes people need to be put in their place & it can be done nicely, too!

The Mirage may not be the perfect car for you, but you could own a lot worst. Most of us have!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I had a '91 non-turbo diesel Jetta with all of 54 horsepower. Much heavier car than that Bug!
    & we survived & loved every mile we put on them, Didn't we!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    well i was thinking of modifying the car but im told not to do that ether. So i guess i should do nothing? I just want to be more into cars and make something more unique..Does anyone see where i'm coming from?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    & we survived & loved every mile we put on them, Didn't we!!!!
    I really did like that car. It was jet black, and was the 'big bumper' version. Slow as hell, but it looked killer. I put a set of Recaros out of a GLI in it, so it was pretty comfy, too.

Everyone acts like a new 2,000 pound car with 70-ish horsepower must have been sent straight from hell by Satan himself to kill or maim anyone who dares drive it, but if you are a bit older then they are nothing new.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    well i was thinking of modifying the car but im told not to do that ether. So i guess i should do nothing? I just want to be more into cars and make something more unique..Does anyone see where i'm coming from?
    There are a lot of options in between 'trade it in' and 'do nothing'. If you want to personalize it then that is fine. Lots of people here do that. New wheels/tires? Maybe some stripes? New stereo? Window tint? There are things you can do to make the car less frumpy. But while you can change the character of your car to make it more appealing to you, it will be difficult to change it's nature.

At the end of the day, it's an econobox.

As Mark mentioned, it seems like most of your issues with the car come from...your friends. If they don't have cars, then they shouldn't gripe when you drive them around. If they have better cars, make them drive YOU around. That way, you can be the one making the snide comments!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Help me understand what you are asking.

From what I gathered, you have a conflict of goals. On one hand, you say you want better transportation - however that is defined. On the other hand, you complain about being broke and in debt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)