Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPal View Post
Did you just get the "standard" Fumoto valve? Their website shows a half-dozen or more variations for the Mirage.

The oil drain plug faces to the rear, at the bottom of the rear side of the oil pan, isn't that right? If it faced front, or down, I might worry about the lever on a Fumoto valve catching on something, driving on our local gravel roads. Do those plastic lever clips for the Fomoto valves stay securely in place?

I'll have to see if I can reach the oil filter from the top. If I can, and if I got a Fumoto valve, it would almost make oil changes too easy to ever let anybody else do it... Ha, ha.
I peered down into the darkness between the front of the engine and the radiator and found the current bright white oil filter pretty easy to see. What's more the mechanic at the used car dealer wrote on it "3.17 Qts 0W20" with a magic marker, so I know he put full synthetic in there! I have already checked the oil and found it right at the full line, so I know that the fractional extra oil wasn't over filling.

I think I could touch, even grab the oil filter, but I'm not sure how much leverage I'd have if I tried to unscrew it. Would some kind of wrench and my and hand both go down there.....maybe.