Thread: FS: Mini 15" Wheels!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItMarinate View Post
    Thank you very much for doing that!!! I would of never thought Amtrak does that but it makes sense. KC isn't far and I am planning on going up in a couple weeks!
    Yah, surprised me too. They said it would take about 4 days from PDX to KC. The one limitation is that when it arrives at it's destination you have 48hrs to pick up your package(s) after it arrives. After 48hrs they charge $5 per box per day "storage" fee. Some train stations can even handle pallet loaded cargo (PDX can but KC can't-no forklift). The only reason I even thought about Amtrak because I remember reading awhile back they have a contract with USPS to carry parcel post packages on the East Coast so I thought maybe they handle freight also. If you were shipping something bulky but not too heavy cross country their rates aren't based on mileage, just the flat weight fees. Interesting.
    Last edited by inuvik; 08-22-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: clarification

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)