Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: More pictures & things I like and things I don't about my Mirage.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Attachment 14931

My 82 Big red 200e
    First year for the big red. All original down to the tires. I bought it in 2009-10 and literally nothing has failed ever.
    I thought they outlawed 3 wheelers for being too dangerous?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I thought they outlawed 3 wheelers for being too dangerous?
    Dude, I am a renegade outlaw bad mother.......

No, they were banned in 87 as far as being manufactured anymore(which has since long been lifted, but due to the popularity of four wheelers now no one makes three wheelers anyway) but they are not against the law to own and use.

And the reason they were banned is because so many ppl are dumbasses.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Dude, I am a renegade outlaw bad mother.......

No, they were banned in 87 as far as being manufactured anymore(which has since long been lifted, but due to the popularity of four wheelers now no one makes three wheelers anyway) but they are not against the law to own and use.

And the reason they were banned is because so many ppl are dumbasses.
    "Shut yo mouth....but Im just talking about Pryme." "Can you dig it?"

Shaft film reference

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My brother bought a new 2018 (leftover model) GMC Sierra this past spring. I believe its window sticker was around $48,000. He got a heck of a deal, because it was closer to $30,000 in the end. We took his truck to Devils Lake North Dakota last week, & it is a very nice pickup truck. Sadly, it has a ignition key! You would have been very disappointed Eggman!

I know of another guy that bought a GMC Denali last fall. It was a business tax write off for him, & he bought a $90,000 pickup truck. I'm sure his truck is very nice, too! I bet it has push button start, too! What would be missing a on $90,000 pickup truck? I don't really care to know!

When it comes to hauling your fishing boat, a load of lumber, or whatever, I am not sure all that stuff really matters? It really comes down to what is important to YOU? I don't feel bad saying I like more basic, simple vehicles! I am glad you like your Mirage with all of its great features! I like mine, too!
    Except I didn't pay quite as much for that key. I mean, that's One Expensive Key.

I just can't say enough good things about my 2015 Mirage ES with 5-speed manual transmission, and all the accoutrements.

Just let me know if you get tired of hearing me carry on about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Except I didn't pay quite as much for that key. I mean, that's One Expensive Key.

I just can't say enough good things about my 2015 Mirage ES with 5-speed manual transmission, and all the accoutrements.

Just let me know if you get tired of hearing me carry on about it.
    I never get tired of hearing praises for the Mirage!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    You've had a rich experience of cool cars Chad, very informative. Whats your opinion on British cars? It seems to me the UK always made gorgeous luxury vehicles, great foresight in exterior designs that we see today. Reliability however was up for interpretation? Your thoughts?
    When you consider that British cars were made all over Europe and elsewhere something was done right. Indeed the famous Indian taxi cab the Hindustan Ambassador was in fact a Morris Oxford originally, built from 1958 to 2014. They command a very good price today. Triumph, the Austin 3.0 litre, Mk 2 Jaguar (Inspector Morse's car) Humber Super Snipe, Rover 3.5 litre and the Rover 2000, MGB's and the original Mini Cooper, all other British car manufacturers went to the wall mainly through strikes in the 70's. Today we have what we call here Euro boxes, devoid of individuality and flair. If I could justify the expense I'd have a classic British car. The reliability issues was also as a result of the unions. Christ, we had a union leader Red Robbo (Derek Robinson) who called a strike because an employee was caught sleeping whilst on shift, he was fired and Robbo called all out on strike. This attitude eventually killed the industry.#
    Our motorcycle industry went belly up because the Japanese made quieter more reliable bikes with some flair. However, when you hear the roar of a BSA 650, Matchless, Triumph and my favourite the Vincent Black Knight (only in production from 1954-1955) Oh i you knew it was a British bike.Oh, I forgot the Norton Commando. Here's a video of the Black Knight and Black Prince. You really need to see one in the flesh, as it were, to appreciate it beauty.

https://youtu.be/4wN1H9fiFq4

https://youtu.be/ETFVYWIQqDk

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    When you consider that British cars were made all over Europe and elsewhere something was done right. Indeed the famous Indian taxi cab the Hindustan Ambassador was in fact a Morris Oxford originally, built from 1958 to 2014. They command a very good price today. Triumph, the Austin 3.0 litre, Mk 2 Jaguar (Inspector Morse's car) Humber Super Snipe, Rover 3.5 litre and the Rover 2000, MGB's and the original Mini Cooper, all other British car manufacturers went to the wall mainly through strikes in the 70's. Today we have what we call here Euro boxes, devoid of individuality and flair. If I could justify the expense I'd have a classic British car. The reliability issues was also as a result of the unions. Christ, we had a union leader Red Robbo (Derek Robinson) who called a strike because an employee was caught sleeping whilst on shift, he was fired and Robbo called all out on strike. This attitude eventually killed the industry.#
    Our motorcycle industry went belly up because the Japanese made quieter more reliable bikes with some flair. However, when you hear the roar of a BSA 650, Matchless, Triumph and my favourite the Vincent Black Knight (only in production from 1954-1955) Oh i you knew it was a British bike.Oh, I forgot the Norton Commando. Here's a video of the Black Knight and Black Prince. You really need to see one in the flesh, as it were, to appreciate it beauty.

https://youtu.be/4wN1H9fiFq4

https://youtu.be/ETFVYWIQqDk
    Awsome videos you posted! I love they named a motorcycle after The Black Prince, the victor of Crecy. They said he wore black armor in combat, the likes of which was never seen again. I also heard they found Richard III in a carpark outside of London?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (07-08-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Awsome videos you posted! I love they named a motorcycle after The Black Prince, the victor of Crecy. They said he wore black armor in combat, the likes of which was never seen again. I also heard they found Richard III in a carpark outside of London?
    They found King Dick around 2012 in Leicester in the county of Leicestershire, that's about 125 miles to the north of London. Yes, it was under a car park. They identified him through radiocarbon dating and his back deformation. He was then reburied in Leicester Cathedral in 2015.
    He is of dubious fame, although never proven it is thought he was responsible for the murders of two princes, Edward and Richard, Duke of York to prevent either claiming the throne. See here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_in_the_Tower

He was the last British monarch to die in battle.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    They found King Dick around 2012 in Leicester in the county of Leicestershire, that's about 125 miles to the north of London. Yes, it was under a car park. They identified him through radiocarbon dating and his back deformation. He was then reburied in Leicester Cathedral in 2015.
    He is of dubious fame, although never proven it is thought he was responsible for the murders of two princes, Edward and Richard, Duke of York to prevent either claiming the throne. See here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_in_the_Tower

He was the last British monarch to die in battle.
    Interesting that Shakespeare wrote him as a weak crookback. He couldnt of been that weak if he was fighting from horseback in my opinion. His skeleton showed many combat wounds apparently. Im sure Richard would of appreciated the firm back support of the Mirage Juro lol.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Interesting that Shakespeare wrote him as a weak crookback. He couldnt of been that weak if he was fighting from horseback in my opinion. His skeleton showed many combat wounds apparently. Im sure Richard would of appreciated the firm back support of the Mirage Juro lol.
    He was a fighter but he'll be forever remembered as the perpetrator of The Prince's in The Tower controversy.