Quote Originally Posted by smiba View Post
I'm wondering, do you have your fan speed on low or on a higher speed (50%+ or more)?

Today I needed to use the AC on my way back from work and noticed that using a low fan speed (lowest or near lowest) actually made the car feel much more responsive. (Didn't test it too much though, just drove home on the low fan speed) I was under the impression that the fans on high would at best use 20-50 Watts more and the AC would keep on using the same amount of energy (As its either on or off for the compressor wouldn't it be?)

Anyways received my Scangauge2 this evening, maybe its just my driving behaviour that does allow me to drive efficient at normal engine load but doesn't work with the A/C also pulling power. I'll see if I can correct my behaviour or if its bad MPG either way.
Im always parked in the shade at work and home so when I get in my car I turn the fan to 50% power for about 10 mins, then switch to 20% power. I never use the automatic climate control because it seems to use the compressor alot more and its always on recirculate air.