Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
Pontiac, Michigan to Bristol, Tennessee.. 658.3 miles on 13.795 gallons of fuel for a little over 47 mpg!!!!!
First leg, Pontiac to Cincinatti(actually about 10 miles in Kentucky) 306.3 miles on 7.202 gallons for roughly 42 5 mpg. Used Cruise Control exclusively, set at different speeds depending on traffic. 55/60/65 mph probably mostly avg 62 mph.
Avg mpg showed mostly a bit over 52 mpg, so I was disappointed with (hand calculated) 42.5 mpg.
So, the second leg from Erlanger( I think) Kentucky to Bristol, I decided to drive without cruise control. Held as close to 60 mph as I could. Holding my foot as still as possible AND coasting in neutral on any downhill stretches I could.
352 miles on 6.593 gallons for 53.38 mpg.
Extremely pleased with results!!!!
Air conditioning on the whole trip and 35 psi in tires. Under 1500 total miles on car.
What an automobile!!!!
Man 700 miles at 65 mph would drive me crazy! Hwy speeds that slow even in Tennessee? Hell, we have circular bypass in Atlanta called 285 aka the watermellon 500 thats mostly 70 mph. Whenever I merge its a butt clenching experience because Im usually forced to be going at least 70 or Im causing trouble. Did you experience any wrist fatigue on your roadtrip because of wind?