Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Kilmer post killing the Mirage 2019

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree with you on that one!

If Scotty owned a Mirage, he would come around.

I find him to be an interesting character. I think he's sort of quirky. Then again, I think the Mirage is a little quirky. If the Mirage was a normal 4-cylinder 100-130 hp small car, I would be driving a Honda or Toyota instead!

I like the fact that the Mirage is a little unique!
    I wouldn't unless the Mirage was also priced like most 100+ hp econo cars. In Canada the Mirage can have a huge price advantage like this 2019 brand new ES with AC for $10,600.

https://www.bankstreetmitsubishi.com...ishi-Mirage-ES

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I wouldn't unless the Mirage was also priced like most 100+ hp econo cars. In Canada the Mirage can have a huge price advantage like this 2019 brand new ES with AC for $10,600.

I bought a new Mirage when the 2017 Mirage ES MANUAL could be bought for $9000 in the U.S. Even though the ES is our most basic model, it's like your ES PLUS model in Canada. It's hard to compare "apples to apples" with Canada, but I agree that a highly discounted Mirage is a great value in North America.

By the way - what makes you say the car you listed has A/C? When I opened the ad, it says A/C: NO.

If the Mirage had 100+ hp (making it less economical) & was priced the same as a Honda Fit, I would own a Honda Fit. Most of that would be driven by much better well-established Honda dealerships near me. A highly discounted Mirage is affordable, reliable, & very economical. I don't think anything else is even close to it in the U.S. It's why I own one.

My Mirage turned over 29,000 miles yesterday, & I have been very happy with it. If I had the need, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 2019 ES Manual today. It's really your ES PLUS MANUAL in Canada, & I feel it's equipped quite nicely (more standard features have been added the past two years). I only buy manual vehicles. Thus, the other 4 trim levels (RF, LE, SE, GT) in the U.S. are irrelevant to me. You couldn't add anything to any vehicle that would trump a manual transmission for me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post

That's less than they are selling for in the U.S., conversion included. Are you sure that isn't the bait just to get you in the showroom for the bait and switch?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    He is an interesting guy, He speaks from some level of experience but I don't think his experience includes a lot of the modern Mitsubishi cars. Older mits really do like to burn oil, but I know of a few 2016 Outlander sports that are over 100k and little to no oil is being burned. Honestly I just avoid most big youtube mechanics. If I have a question I ask my personal mechanic.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    That's less than they are selling for in the U.S., conversion included. Are you sure that isn't the bait just to get you in the showroom for the bait and switch?
    $10,600 Canadian would be $7955 American. Canadian prices don't include extra hidden fees usually.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    He is an interesting guy, He speaks from some level of experience but I don't think his experience includes a lot of the modern Mitsubishi cars. Older mits really do like to burn oil, but I know of a few 2016 Outlander sports that are over 100k and little to no oil is being burned. Honestly I just avoid most big youtube mechanics. If I have a question I ask my personal mechanic.
    I find Scotty entertaining. I don't agree with everything he says, nor do I lose sleep over it. I think he has zero experience with the Mirage. His message should reflect that instead of generalizing about all Mitsubishi vehicles.

$10,600 Canadian would be $7955 American. Canadian prices don't include extra hidden fees usually.
    Yup, add on pdi,freight, dealer fees, and 13% Ontario tax. Plus whatever other garbage dealers slip on the invoice that you don't ask for like the vin etching sticker scams or paint and upholstery protection lol. Then if you want ac tack on another $2-4000 cause the base es doesn't come with ac aparently unless you get the es plus package or es limited? They just keep changing models names and shuffling options around it seems.

I've seen just as many 3 year old oil burning Mitsubishi's as I have 3 year old Toyota trucks with the frames rusted out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Not necessarily extra fees, just advertising a loss leader that isn't available. From an Alberta news station:

https://youtu.be/z9YKti86v58

Full disclosure, this and worse goes on in the U.S., too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Not necessarily extra fees, just advertising a loss leader that isn't available. From an Alberta news station:

https://youtu.be/z9YKti86v58

Full disclosure, this and worse goes on in the U.S., too.
    My point is these cars aren't really selling @ that price. If you are shopping around, OTD price is what matters.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (10-14-2019)