Thread: How to see real-time TPMS data in a Mirage (Huf ID1000)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,731 Times in 2,134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I have been looking for a TPMS retrofit device for one of my older cars. There are a lot of "unique" retrofit products out there...like small TPMS sensors that screw onto the end of the valve-stem on each wheel.

I wouldn't want any part of something like that, but I could see using the ID1000 as a retrofit device. If the factory system was as friendly as this thing, there would be a lot fewer complaints.
    Noticed a review of outside valve stem sensors. These units are cheap & superior to what the Mirage has. Not really sure what the knock would be?

You screw them on your valve-stem & the device gives you the air pressure of each tire. If you rotate tires, you just move the pressure reading caps to the correct wheel. They are marked for each tire location. This is so simple!

A 5-year old could install this system on any car!

When a factory sensor dies, you have to buy a new sensor and pay a tire shop to install it. What a pain! If you don't clone the sensor, you may have to pay someone to have your car reprogrammed.

These outside units have watch batteries in them. When the battery dies, you can just change them yourself. For $40-50, you have a system that will give you the psi of all four tires. You don't have to pay anyone to install a sensor or pay a dealer to reprogram your car's TPMS. We talking about $40-50, screw them on your valve-stem, & you are done. Some use the 12V outlet to give the psi reading, some use a solar panel unit, & some come with both options.

Just an option some may want to consider. You could use this along with your existing TPMS, because it's a stand alone TPMS.

If you need a visual of how this all works, good ole Scotty has one below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QPO8fqKZc

The point is a child could do this. It's cheap ($40-50) & it involves zero tools that you need purchase! This could be added to any car from any time period.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-06-2019 at 04:26 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (10-06-2019)