Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
I have 'bad credit'. I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. I've struggled with money and credit my entire life. Living in Seattle for almost 10 years didn't help financially either. In part of FINALLY getting my crap together, one way of doing that was buying a sensible car. I wanted to get other, maybe more fun cars that either weren't reliable, economical, or practical. But since that is what I had done with my FIAT, and narrowly missed $$$$$ repair bills, I wasn't going to do that again. I had narrowed down to a used or CPO Yaris IA, Accent or Rio (sedans). The G4 came into my radar as a fluke. I sort of knew Mitsubishi has a reputation as a 'bad credit car' but I didn't care. But these days, it seems there are almost limitless options for people with credit challenges and low/no downpayment, which doesn't necessarily lock a person into a Mitsubishi like it may have in the past. When I first got my G4, I had a little underlying feeling of self consciousness about having my car and it being a 'bad credit/poor person's' car. Then I realized two things. 1-This is a legitimately amazing car, regardless of anything to do with a person's credit or financial standing. 2-I no longer car about what people think about me and/or my car. In fact, I now feel pretty damn great about making such a sensible purchase, one that can help me to a more positive financial place.
The Mirage suits your needs. With professional reviewers, it is all about horsepower, handling, styling, and gizmos. They all seem to believe that every new car buyer wants the biggest, heaviest, fastest, most complex car they can possibly get for their money.