Thread: Know a good, cheap shrink?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I stumbled upon a 3 cyl, 5MT, with about 260,000 or so Kms. Price $850.

It's a '92 convertible Geo. Why not? It's practically free. I can fit it into my garage for the winter.
    Come get mine! I've got a '91 with only 110k kms on it and I'll sell it for the same price! Needs the floors welded, though.

Name:  member-metrompg-albums-1991+pontiac+firefly+(geo+metro)+convertible+-+before-picture2190-pass-to.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  52.0 KB

The probem with these cars (or any convertible?) was if the top leaked at all, the floors rotted out. Same thing happened to the '90 Miata that I have now - never winter driven, yet the floors were swiss cheese when I got it.

Seriously, check for underbody rust/rust repairs on that one if you're going to look at it.

There must be turbos, headers, superchargers, hot cams and whatnot available for this little motor. I hope. This will be my triple cyl. hot rod!
    Yes, there are. Or you can source a Swift GT twincam 1.3L drivetrain and it bolts right in for 100 hp instead of 55. (Rats - I already parted out my Swift GT!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-01-2019)