Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I'm not saying Mirages are thousands less than Sparks. YOU are the one that stated (post #78) Sparks are a couple thousands more than Mirages, & I don't believe that is true at all. I only compare manuals. I never look at automatic vehicles, especially vehicle with a CVT. Thus, I am comparing apples to apples (manuals only) every time I do a search. If I search the two cars at the same time & sort by lowest price, I see Sparks first (& the Spark manuals are 2020 models already).

Reviews of what customers are actually paying for Sparks seem to reflect some of the deals that others are expressing about Mirages. I don't think there is a huge price advantage for either vehicle, & that is my point I guess.

Prices listed on cars.com, autotrader.com, & kbb.com are somewhat useless. The listing of Mirages is no better than any other brand/model. I wouldn't visit any dealership without knowing their OTD price first, because I value my time.

Some people seem very happy with their Sparks, but I don't personally know anyone that owns one. The Sonic is more common in my area, and I do have some friends that own them. They are diehard GM customers, however. If they have a GM card, they don't even consider anything else.

I am not a brand loyalty type of person. I bought a Mirage, because new ones could be had for $9,000-9,500 at the time. That price applied to everyone. Other rebates (loyalty customer, veteran, etc.) were added on top of that. Once I confirmed the Mirage was somewhat reliable & quite economical to own, I bought one.

Adding more standard features (raising the price of the Mirage) each year hasn't made the Mirage more appealing to me. Car critics driving top trim level GT models and only stating MSRP prices aren't doing this car justice. It took some work on my part to discover the Mirage. Two years later, I'm still not aware of decent Mitsubishi dealership in Wisconsin. I keep saying this, and no one ever points one out to me either.

Despite all that, the Mirage is holding its own, & I have one in my garage. Personally, I think it has done quite well. If the same powertrain carries over into the next generation Mirage, I will be even more impressed. It seems like that may happen, too!

I don't need to pick on the Spark to feel good about my Mirage. I think a highly discounted Mirage or a good used one is a great value!
I didn't say the best deal you could get on a Spark was thousands more I said the KBB price was more.

The whole point of this thread is to compare the drawbacks and if we regretted the choice. Listing the facts is anything but picking on the Spark. I am one of the first people to criticize Mitsubishi for poor choices.