Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from Pensacola Florida

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo350 View Post
    Welcome to forum Zxit and G'Day from Australia Did you have any accessories added to the car?
    I had a Zita storage/armrest for a Honda CR-Z in my garage and it dropped right in. "Plugs into the cup holder."I will take a picture of it later today.

Again, TY all for welcoming me to the forum.

Keep the Faith!

-Zxit

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxit View Post
    I had a Zita storage/armrest for a Honda CR-Z in my garage and it dropped right in. "Plugs into the cup holder."I will take a picture of it later today.

Again, TY all for welcoming me to the forum.

Keep the Faith!

-Zxit
    Looking forward to checking out the pics. I have the genuine one so will be interesting to compare
    Cheers,

Tim

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking forward to checking out the pics. I have the genuine one so will be interesting to compare
    My car is no longer looking like it came off the show room floor, LoL...

I have two bostons "Terriers" so I have to keep the seats covered...

Keep the faith!

-Zxit

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    My car is no longer looking like it came off the show room floor, LoL...

I have two bostons "Terriers" so I have to keep the seats covered...

Keep the faith!

-Zxit
    Your arm rest / centre console fits in just nicely. The genuine one is much taller. I have posted a pic so you can compare
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Cheers,

Tim

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your arm rest / centre console fits in just nicely. The genuine one is much taller. I have posted a pic so you can compare
    I would say it is taller to accommodate the cup holder for the back seat. I was lucky that my armrest fit so nicely. So ends the problem of looking for one.
    By the way your car looks nice and clean. I've put a few maestro touches on my car and like the way it has turned out. Now for some long distance driving. I will be looking for mpg.

Keep the faith.

-Zxit

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Very nice . Please keep us updated on the gas mileage , performance and reliability . Thanks and enjoy .

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The CVT. My wife can't drive a stick. LoL! The dealer offered to let me have the car awhile before I actually purchase it. What do you think?

-Zxit
    you can practice.
    i think you would like it if she knows learns how to drive the stick.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've put a few maestro touches on my car and like the way it has turned out. Now for some long distance driving. I will be looking for mpg.
    Hey there, Zxit. Might your maestro touches be modifications to get better fuel mileage? Would you share them with us?

Faith being kept.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    Hey there, Zxit. Might your maestro touches be modifications to get better fuel mileage? Would you share them with us?

Faith being kept.
    I will.

First I want to share my past car ownership. A 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid, 43MPG, CVT. A 2011 Honda CR-Z, 40MPG, CVT. A 2009 Toyota Prius 50MPG, CVT. A 2012 Scion IQ 40MPG, CVT. The Scion IQ being an ice only has the best mpg here "USA" But I believe the M. Mirage will steal that crown. Keep your eye on Fords upcoming 3 cylinder turbo looks to beat that. Anyone's guess.

Back to your question "modifications= No. Simply what I do is set all tires to 35LBs each. That will keep the tpms light off and help with good mpg. Gas 100%, no ethanol. I change the oil and filter before I test drive for mpg. That is where I start.

I hope that gives you the answer you where looking for. I will report back what I find for mpg.

Keep in mind I'm not perfect so some mistakes will happen.

Keep the Faith.

-Zxit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zxit For This Useful Post:

fifteenwindow (12-09-2013)

You're right, the Mirage CVT stole the crown from the Scion IQ for best non-hybrid mileage. 40 vs. 37 (combined). (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/33637.shtml) The IQ is now tied with the manual Mirage though.

The Fiesta 1.0 is also rated equal to the manual Mirage in combined mileage (37), but with higher highway (45) and lower city (32). (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find....n=sbs&id=34468)

See also: 2014 Mirage 1.2 vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost - which has better mileage/fuel economy?

That's quite the selection of cars you've had! I just sold my Honda hybrid this summer -- a 1st generation Insight, manual, which was good for 100 MPG (US) (2.4 L/100 km) at 50 mph (80 km/h) in modified form on a flat road. Amazing vehicle.

Enjoy your drive -- looking forward to your results.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)