Thread: nokian nordman 7 studded

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

nokian nordman 7 studded

ok i think i might have been the first one to get the 165/65/14 studded nokian nordman 7 tires. this is my experience so far.

aside from a 4wd/awd and the mirage being so light these provide an unparalleled grip on dry or wet pavement, ice and snow. ive used the wintermax tires on a different car. i had the Dunlop ensaves for a while. aspen touring 175's, douglas 175's and 1 other brand of tire i didnt document because it was only 1 tire.

these tires make a lot more noise than any other tires ive used, as would be expected.

sidenote: i tried to get away with only using 2 studded tires. my rear tires were pretty close to bald and i was running 165's in the front and 175's in the back while i waited for the other tires to arrive. this caused an abs panic a couple of times on the ice. both times it locked the rear tires and acted as though i was performing a handbrake turn. once in an icy parking lot where i was going slow enough that i just stopped. then again when i was driving down a slightly to extremely busy road. this time i was driving in the right lane of 2 lane 1 way street and because we have crowned roads here the rear started sliding to the right and i tried to counter steer but the rear locked up and i spun the car 180° in light traffic before sliding backwards about 10~20 feet on the one way street in the left lane when i started in the right lane. so basically i made a handbrake turn on a 2 lane road and u-turned into the fast lane before slowing to a stop against traffic. thankfully traffic was so light that i could wave people past me before making another u-turn to right myself and continue on my journey. nobody hurt, nobody panicked, just a bit of adrenaline and a hefty learning experience. lesson learned.

tldr: studded tires are better. dont buy 2 studded tires buy all 4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to benwerks For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-06-2019)