Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 looks the same

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Uh, my 2018 is... exactly the same. I just want to differentiate and say that the Mirage is the worst handling car in class though.
    In today's new car market, this class of cars has become pretty small in the States? Chevy Spark & what else?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I get that.

The Mirage is, however, a top heavy floppy nightmare if you try to actually have fun with the thing.

I mean, I HAVE a rear sway bar in mine, and it experiences as much body roll pulling out of my driveway as the Micra does squealing all 4 tires in a roundabout. My old Jeep was better planted.

Is it dangerous? No. Does it inspire confidence? HAHA no. For the price I paid, I'm ok with it, but I will never call it good. And being a 2018, it has the upgraded suspension...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Honestly this grinds my gears. This hasn't even been on the website for a full 24 hours yet. Dealers were posting BS ads without pics months ago and that doesn't count. I don't know about you but I do not trust most dealers at all. When it is on Mitsubishis website I know that is the honest truth. Period.

All this half year stuff and 2021 is plain rumors at this point. Let's wait and see what actually happens. You can't post fake stuff and then poopoo when verified stuff comes out.

Personally, I am glad to hear that the updated Mirage will have the same powertrain. I hope Mitsubishi maintains its identity despite the merger with Nissan/Renault.

As far as I am concerned, I haven't read anything that makes me believe the updated Mirage is all that different from the current one. The Mirage fills a niche, & I hope it continues to stick around in the U.S. market.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I only shop/buy/own manuals. In 2017, I still had the option of buying the ES or SE with a manual transmission. Three years later, the ES has gained the following standard features - backup camera (2018 mandatory law item), Bluetooth (2018), six-way adjustable driver's seat (2019), cruise (2019), & auto climate controls (2020).

The SE hasn't gained anything since 2017, & the manual option was dropped in 2018.

As far as I am concerned, a base level Mirage doesn't exist here. Adding features to a car like this (making it more expensive to purchase) is not appealing to me. If they are willing to have 4 or 5 trim levels, it would be nice to see a more basic/affordable one.
    Yeah the SE has had all those updates already since 2017.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Yeah the SE has had all those updates already since 2017.
    The difference between an ES & SE has been narrowed down to 14" alloy wheels and FAST-key entry/push button start maybe?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The SE also gets fog lights, the black trim for the door "arm rests", a nicer looking gauge cluster, a thin chrome strip around the center vents (and I think the side vents... I'd have to go look), the apple carplay/android auto headunit thing, leather steering wheel and shift knob, gloss black trim around the shifter instead of silver, and the previously mentioned 14" alloys and the fast key system.

Maybe something else, but I don't honestly remember off the top of my head.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    So it's on the website now.
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/2020

So much for the rumors, leaks, photoshops, and dealer insights. Looks the same to me.
    Been saying it for weeks now. Even Car & Driver has it wrong...they state the new look is for the 2020 models. The '20 hatch is a clone, the '20 G4 has a new blacked out 'eggcrate' style grille replacing the horizontal chrome bars.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    The SE also gets fog lights, the black trim for the door "arm rests", a nicer looking gauge cluster, a thin chrome strip around the center vents (and I think the side vents... I'd have to go look), the apple carplay/android auto headunit thing, leather steering wheel and shift knob, gloss black trim around the shifter instead of silver, and the previously mentioned 14" alloys and the fast key system.

Maybe something else, but I don't honestly remember off the top of my head.
    That sounds about right. It also has auto down and auto up drivers window but maybe the base model does too?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    That sounds about right. It also has auto down and auto up drivers window but maybe the base model does too?
    Yep, my 15 DE and my old 19 ES have the auto up and down driver window. Standard equipment for US spec cars.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    This is the quality of journalists we have today. Any rumor is newsworthy no verification required. I wonder why everyone is so polarized....
    The author of the C&D article hates (like REALLY hates) the Mirage anyway. So much so that Jalopnik called him out for his absurd hyperbole.