Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ideal offset size for rims

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I, on the other hand, will be tracking and auto-xing so I prefer not to have tyres that will chunk out when they get hot. So higher with spacers is my only answer for now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No choice on the wheel as I already have them. I'm sure the tires will look poked out because of my 6.5 wheel. Not quite the look that I'm wanting, but I don't seem to have a choice.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    No choice on the wheel as I already have them. I'm sure the tires will look poked out because of my 6.5 wheel. Not quite the look that I'm wanting, but I don't seem to have a choice.
    Eek. Well I wish you the best of luck bro. Looks like lot of us will be having clearance problems.

What's confusing me is my car has tonnes of clearance from the rubbing on the inside of the wheel well when sitting. I'm trying to figure out how the wheel travelled 30mm to touch the body with suspension travel. That's a hell of a lot of movement. I would expect the suspension to rub first with the 5mm clearance but nothing there. Any gurus that could chime in? I have TEIN coilovers at 2" drop in the rear and the 19mm sway bar on top of my 195/50-15s on 15x7 +41 RPFs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    on the stock form, the car has really bad spring rates. Maybe 10 inches of play (some huge random number).

I do hit the stop bumper a hell of a lot with 4 people in the car.

I think a super-stiff, non-progressive springs, and more resistant shocks are needed so the car does not hit the bump stops when 4 people are riding the car.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    the secret to play with new mirage is rear absorber/damper. then it will be great

myth busted !

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well, I'm pretty sure that all I need now is a 5mm spacer in the rear and problem solved. I raise the car to a 15mm gap in the front and 10mm in the rear and all rubbing has ceased save for the rear on the damper. Too bad the place I bought spacers from sold me 8mm spacers instead of the 6mm I thought I was settling for, so when I went to torque my Project KICS wheels nuts, they sat too far out and warped and bent at the seat, making a $350 set of wheel nuts void. Now I swear by factory wheel nuts. Good ol' factory wheel nuts.

But yeah, go back for 5mm spacers and just for the rear and I'll be set. The front isn't rubbing at all from what I can tell and the raised ride height means I have wheel well and fender clearances.

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    In the Philippines our Mirage is equipped with (OEM) tires of 175/55R15 and Enkei wheels 15X5 46+ and no problem with them

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud5 View Post
    In the Philippines our Mirage is equipped with (OEM) tires of 175/55R15 and Enkei wheels 15X5 46+ and no problem with them
    Pictures!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud5 View Post

is it not 185/55/15 +38 offset?... that's what it says in the manual, stock.

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Pictures!
    Sorry for the pix but the green Mirage in our forum home is exactly the wheel of the Phl model