Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
I was surprised by that, too. I figure the average US buyer of a new Mirage wants an inexpensive dependable car with a long warranty. I would have thought fuel efficiency would be on the list after price and warranty. Based on the forum's Fuel Economy Log, most people here aren't obsessed with fuel economy.

Mitsubishi needs to re-think the pricing on these cars. The Mirage could be the most fuel efficient and least expensive vehicle in the US. Nobody pays $13K for a base model Mirage in the US. At least I hope nobody paid that much.

EDIT - I think this article is quoting Canadian pricing? You can't buy a Spark in the US for $9,998.

Name:  price.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  25.8 KB

^^^ C'mon Mitsubishi. Almost $14,000 for a base Mirage? What are they smoking?!?
Hi prices for Mirage is to allow customer in negitive equity rides to trade into a Mirage. Its a lending game, and as loan terms have extended in years more folks are upside-down yet still want to churn cars every few years. Mitsubishi skews towards the credit challenged crowd so a key part of their strategy.... not judging the folks here